Nvidia 980/970 Availability Thread

You missed it by a few hours-

Order #
Placed on Thursday, September 18, 2014
Your estimated delivery date is:
We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.

Your order will be sent to:

2 x PNY PNY XLR8 VCGGTX9704XPB GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support Video Card Graphics Cards VCGGTX9704XPB
Personal Computers
Sold by Amazon.com LLC
Facebook Twitter Pinterest $329.99

Damn you people on Pacific Coast time!! What am I supposed to do, wake up at 3am to get a card before they're sold out by 6am here on the East Coast?

So are we gonna wake up and see oos or price gouged listings? I love the suspense!! For a couple more frames hahaha.

damn for the second night in a row it will be a long night for me and my f5 finger.

So are we gonna wake up and see oos or price gouged listings? I love the suspense!! For a couple more frames hahaha.

I'm hoping Newegg will list them for MSRP at least until the first batch is sold out.

But since the 970's are all non-reference the lowest price we may see for them is like $350.00

so wait... the 970's arent reference? :( ill just stick to the 780 then

HnKfVjm.png

added the EVGA GTX 970 SC to my cart earlier today when it was briefly listed, it appeared again as available in my cart (product page still missing) a couple of hours ago during the Game24 event with a $339 price tag.

PSA: You can order the PNY GTX 970 on Amazon right now if you are clever. Go to Google's cached product page here, then click on Add to Cart. You will be taken to the real Amazon site with the card in your cart.

It's out of stock right now, but at least you can get the order in. I'm going to wait, as I am either going to go EVGA 970 SLI or EVGA 980.

Which other non reference cards have listed? I see the PNY and the ASUS so far.

So I think I'm going to try my first venture into SLI with some 970s. What is the performance difference between going with blower style coolers vs the non-reference ones? Is it that big of a deal?

So I think I'm going to try my first venture into SLI with some 970s. What is the performance difference between going with blower style coolers vs the non-reference ones? Is it that big of a deal?

The reference blower cooler is very good; it's kind of unknown how the non-reference designs perform until we see some reviews. The PNY one doesn't look like a reference blower, though.

I added the EVGA 980 to my cart, but it said it would not ship until the end of October (even though it was in stock). I think I will wait til it's listed for real.

Can you do us a favor and save that page along with all assets, zip it, and upload it (or PM to me)? If we have the full page I can put together a page that will let us order it.

Here's the cached page for the Superclocked EVGA 980: webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...0-Graphics-Cards-04G-P4-2982-KR/dp/B00NI5DA2E

Cool, snagged one! :D Delivery estimate: September 23, 2014
Funny the cached page shows $723.95. I thought they were gouging and originally said F it. Added it to my cart on a whim and the true price showed up. $569. Sweeet!

P.S. I hate that Amazon charges sales tax in Fl now..:mad:

Code:
<div class="a-row">
    <form method="post" action="https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/handle-buy-box/ref=oh_cust_rec_reorder_aui">
        <input type="hidden" name="ASIN" value="B00NI64A7C">
        <input type="hidden" name="offerListingID" value="j%2BWiUrOxHE6TCZ3oQhdPZ%2F70p1B1dZowsnt106NVE5G8WEgVEjMYFhY2%2FHCaI%2FkiWtyIHshLgC7E9hXBgFuRG9Y7y%2BJ3cx2M4q7hEJ3%2FSTCmegskOf5owQ%3D%3D">
        <div class="a-row a-spacing-small">
            <span class="a-button a-button-span9 a-button-primary a-button-icon" role="button"><span class="a-button-inner"><i class="a-icon a-icon-cart"></i><input class="a-button-input" type="submit"><span class="a-button-text" aria-hidden="true">
            Add to Cart
            </span></span></span>
        </div>
    </form>
</div>

Copy the above into a blank .html file
Go to the page, click submit
Reload page
Hit continue to add the EVGA 970 ACX SC to your cart for $339.99

Enjoy :)

Back