TigerDirect.com HOT DEALS! 2/22 - 2/27

TigerDirect

Official Hot Deals Customer Service
bluelogo.gif

TigerDirect.com HOT DEALS

EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SuperClocked Batman Arkham Cith Ed. 1536MB GDDR5, Includes Game Coupon
Current Price: $529.99 - $30 Savings - $30 MIR - $30 Coupon = $439.99 + Free Shipping
Coupon:WWX55843
Expires on 2/27

OCZ 120GB AGILITY 3 SERIES SATA III 2.5 INCH SSD
Current Price: $189.99 - $30 Savings - $30 MIR Rebate - $7 Coupon = $112.99 + Free Shipping
Coupon: IKU55795
Expires on 2/22

Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 PC10666 1333MHz
Current Price: $64.99 - $10 Coupon = $54.99
Coupon: GVW55852
Expires on 2/27

ECS A55F-M2 AMD A-Series FM1 Motherboard and AMD Dual-Core A4-3300 2.5GHz Radeon HD 6410D APU Bundle
Current Price: $139.99 - $30 MIR - $25 Coupon = $84.99
Coupon:TQR55783
Expires on 2/27

Corsair Hydro H60 CPU Liquid Cooler
Current Price: $79.99 - $30 Savings = $49.99 + Free Shipping
Expires on 2/25

Last edited:
What's the reliability like on those OCZ Agility 3 drives? I've been wanting to get into the SSD arena but have held off because of the relatively terrible reliability of SSD's, seemingly across the board.

EVGA GTX 580. Product? YES! Price? owieowieowie

The day I start dropping $400+ for a video card I should check myself into the funny house. Unless I just won the lotto or a bag of cash landed in my yard or something.

What's the reliability like on those OCZ Agility 3 drives? I've been wanting to get into the SSD arena but have held off because of the relatively terrible reliability of SSD's, seemingly across the board.
Seemingly, perhaps... In actuality, no. Many OCZ drive models have had bad track records, and some have been improved as of recently.

Just dig through the General Hardware and Data Storage System forums and look for makes/models that are consistently recommended the most. (Spoiler: Many Intel and Crucial models would be on the list, and to a lesser degree the Samsung and a few OCZ models.)

I've been using mine since around September with no issues. I updated the firmware before I did anything else and it's been great ever since.

EVGA GTX 580. Product? YES! Price? owieowieowie

The day I start dropping $400+ for a video card I should check myself into the funny house. Unless I just won the lotto or a bag of cash landed in my yard or something.

Some of us have 3+ 30inch monitors to power. Insulted.

Seemingly, perhaps... In actuality, no. Many OCZ drive models have had bad track records, and some have been improved as of recently.

Just dig through the General Hardware and Data Storage System forums and look for makes/models that are consistently recommended the most. (Spoiler: Many Intel and Crucial models would be on the list, and to a lesser degree the Samsung and a few OCZ models.)

I would say the List goes Intel, Samsung (not to a lesser degree, Dell and Apple use them for a reason, they just aren't the top echelon in speed right now), Plextor, Crucial.

Performance is Intel Sandforce, then Plextor, Intel Marvel, Crucial Marvel, then Samsung. Crucial tends to be the best bang for the buck while still being reliable but the Plextor drives have a bunch of sales right now making it probably the best drive to get.

Till there is more experience with the OCZ sandforce stuff (since latest updates) I wouldn't touch it, and I wouldn't get an OCZ Octane (the one with an in house chip) till there has been a longer track record of non destructive updates. Considering prices I really wouldn't recommend anyone else out there.

Back