Lotes Intel CPU Socket Holder LGA1366 LGA 1366 I7

waseem

Limp Gawd
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It is no where near plug and play when replacing the socket.

so can i replace it or ?

is it replaceable, yes, can you replace it.? no...
unless you have the right equipment, which if your asking this question, you most certainly do not have

i don't know wich equipmen i need so if there a youtube or link that help ... or just write it ... to know.thanx

are you sure that there is no way to reaplace it with out this huge mach?????

are you sure that there is no way to reaplace it with out this huge mach?????
They make smaller ones..I have seen them for as low as $6,000.00.....not really practical for your scenario
you could try and send it to Asus for repair......they may be able to do it for a small fee..

the bottom line is replacing the socket is not something your average person can do.

I bent a couple of pins on a motherboard once. Like everyone said, home repair isn't really an option. Ended up selling AS IS / DAMAGED on eBay and actually got a decent price for it. That may actually be your best bet...

You wont replace the socket just like that as it is soldered into the board and as you already were informed above, you need a soldering station in order to do that. There are 1366 contacts underneath the socket each soldered separately, in home environment you don't have any option to replace the socket, unless you want to destroy your board.

Asus should be able to replace it for you at your exspense. The socket itself is soldered to the board at so many different tiny points that you would have no way to DIY it.

AHA I understand that the socket soldered to the board ... so 100000thanx .

As others have mentioned...just RMA it...ASUS will replace it for like $25. Shit happened on my Maximus III Gene. Doesn't take them long either.

Back