KFC Launches a Meal Tray That Is Also a Bluetooth Keyboard

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Kentucky Fried Chicken is really good, but it is also very greasy, one of the good/bad things about fried chicken. Customers of German KFC’s no longer have to worry about getting their greasy fingers all over their smartphones or portable devices. KFC provides a tray insert that is actually a Bluetooth keyboard, keeping your expensive smartphone grease-free and as an added bonus, the Bluetooth keyboard gets to go home with you. :cool:

bah. they could have went big and just hooked everyone up with these

finally-kfc-japan-is-giving-away-fried-chicken-keyboards

Bah, only available in Germany. I was wondering if this might have been a reason to actually bother going to KFC just to grab one to play with.

Man if only people could fucking stop using their phones for 5 god damn minutes, then this isn't necessary at all. And meanwhile the KFC tray keyboard siphons your information from the phone because you agree to share everything if you use it :D

"Why's my $3.99 2 piece meal now $4.99?"
"Cost of business, those tray keyboards aren't free yanno!"
(note I have no idea what KFC costs anymore, I was just throwing out a number)

Yep, I want to type on a keyboard 30 other people used while I'm eating.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep, I want to type on a keyboard 30 other people used while I'm eating.
It was a one time promotional item and the story says customers took all of those with them, so that was probably expected. The keyboard mat replaced the paper usually used on trays, so it wasn't likely intended to be reused by multiple customers. I guess it's possible that some were reused by different customers (yuck), but that doesn't seem to have been the intention.

Col. Sanders sold KFC in the 1960s to an investment group but remained on as spokesman and brand ambassador. Yet by the late 70s he was already dissatisfied with the direction of the company and what cost-cutting and mass expansion had done to the food quality and his recipes. Now, it's gotten so bad it's hardly edible anymore and doesn't taste near as good as it did even in the 90s (same thing happened to McDonald's).....I can only imagine how good it must have been in the 60s when he was still personally inspecting individual restaurants.

Today, it's dried-out, tasteless, overly-processed GMO dreck. So it's with quite a lack of enthusiasm I say that I'd have little use for something like this, when I can't stand the food that comes with it. Same with the new McDonald's takeout "bagtray."

Except it would be worse, because your food isn't touching the tray it's on.

No words... :p

Alright, found some: I've never eaten off a fucking fast food tray.

Nobody is smearing their food directly on the keyboard. They are touching the tray and then touching the food.

One question. How do your trays get to your table? Butler? Telekinesis? Most likely you carry it by hand at the bumped out handle points and then proceed to touch your food.

Do you was your hands after you get to the table? Probably not.

And the keyboard is supposedly washed so every part of it is exposed to the same soup of soap and bacteria. Except if you think about it, after it comes out of the wash, some dude grabs it to stack it, some dude grabs it to start putting your food on it and some dude grabs it to give it to you. So those handle points have been handled for sure by 3-4 people.

The keyboard is likely cleaner than the part of the tray you just used to carry it to your table.

Disclaimer: keylogger included, your personal information will be regularly uploaded to our servers when an internet connection is available.

Serious note, nice promo but surely the wrong place (restaurant)

I know it's disgusting, but I kind of want one to play with. NEW, please, not used.

its difficult to understand they have money for this crap, and not for better food/better pay.
.. well not really all that difficult.

its difficult to understand they have money for this crap, and not for better food/better pay.
.. well not really all that difficult.
What I don't get is why you see so many poor people at KFC.

Have you seen their prices lately? A regular 3-piece meal is $9. The 20-piece family meal is $47. You can eat out at a normal nice restaurant for that... why would you go to KFC?

And KFCs around here are all taking people's food stamps. Why the hell am I paying these fatasses to get buckets of chicken (half the time no electric scooters that I am again paying for), when they can go to Fiesta and get fresh chicken and brown rice and get canned green beans and corn and boxed mashed potatoes and milk for a fraction of the price and its more nutritious to boot? Pisses me off.

eb6cd394c96ed8b2811d5d8400811f3c.jpg

At least Taco Bell and stuff I can understand, since they have so much on the dollar menu that's dirt cheap and something you might want to pick up at lunch when you're in a hurry.

Back