Any web browsers not based off chrome, firefox, or ie?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Any good modern web browsers not based off chrome, firefox, or ie?

Last I heard Vivaldi was going to be based off of chrome....
It is. And that is good. We don't need fifteen different rendering engines. The purpose of a rendering engine is to render HTML code according to spec. One open source engine does the trick.

That's why I supported Opera's switch to Blink in general. Browser devs should focus on the User Interface, not the rendering engine. You have to wonder what the Opera devs have been doing in the last two years though. Surely not implementing features.

Last I heard Vivaldi was going to be based off of chrome....
Not quite correct: Vivaldi uses the same Blink engine that powers Chrome. So it's more like they share the same parent rather than Vivaldi being a child of Chrome.

Hmm. a quick look through the ol' wiki shows that the majority of modern browsers are derived from FF, Chrome, or IE (in the case of Edge) with a bit of intermixing as well.

Vivaldi is pretty slick and fast but I do not care for the UX. The side pop in menu for favorites I don't care for. Also the browser settings customization is really lacking. Most importantly, when I close the last tab, close the damn browser! ;)

Back