torrent not working, tixati

xxtraloud

Limp Gawd
I used to be able to use tixati just fine at my work lan, now it doesnt work anymore, I doubt they have changed any networking policy overnight.

Can someone help me figure this out? I am using tixati and already went through their step by step guide but it doesn't help. I tried to set a static IP but I can't modify the router configuration. I am on ethernet going through a switch, it's a university network.

I get DHT port uncofirmed and 0 incoming connections received in tixati.I turned on and off UPNP but no luck.

They very well might have.

As a network engineer, managing pretty big corporate networks, I have gotten request to do all kinds of things at all hours of the night. One time at 330am I was awakened as I was on call to a customer requesting to shut down certain ports and establsh certain IPS profiles in their Cisco routers. It happens. University probably logged heavy transfer activities on their network and decided to end the abuse of bandwidth that does in fact affect others across the campus lan. Especially since most campus networks use access layer switches which have limited internal switching bandwidth and if a few users are pegging the switches it is possible that everyone will have experienced reduced performance on that particular node as I like to call it. it may have been complaints that necessitated the need to find out what and if found eliminate it.

you don't, university's are under more and more pressure to close their networks from being used by Bittorrent from the MPAA and RIAA, you are risking your study and economy by doing this.

you don't, university's are under more and more pressure to close their networks from being used by Bittorrent from the MPAA and RIAA, you are risking your study and economy by doing this.

i am here for a technical advice not for a lecture on ethics and legality, bittorrent can also be used to download legitimate content.

There aren't any lecture here, it's a fact that they with 99% procent chance that they dump the traffic in the firewall, most of the university's where i live do that.

in the old days we could torrent night and day, and one day it all stopped, after the university got tired of receiving notices from the movie industries

they properly do some sort of DPI, and dump the data.

you could just call them and ask them?

Back