Downloading updates stuck at 84% Win 10

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
So I have Windows technical preview installed I was like where is waldo for about the first two hours finally found the settings button on the start menu where all the goodies are. But the updates are stuck at 84% how do I know what updates are stuck or should I just leave it or should I Roll back to windows 8.1 and wait for the 29th.
I'm not sure how I can upgrade to Final if the updates are stuck at 84%
Steam
and
Origin work fine
The scaling on Steam is bigger for some reason I found the scaling in Win 10 but not sure if it works or I haven't played around with it enough.

Last edited:
I rolled it back to Windows 8.1 took about 4 minutes to Roll back the version of Windows 10 that was installed was from Early June I think anyway wasn't the latest and I couldn't upgrade to the latest cause updates were stuck.

I'm keeping 8.1 for as long as possible no way is Windows 10130 spyware going to win me over some of my program I use won't work in Windows 10 so screw it....
I didn't like the customization of the Edge browser having it all white just bothered me the way they set up themes for windows 10 didn't make much sense.

If windows update gets stuck again,

Press Windows+R. This will prompt run dialogue box. In here, type services.msc
Scroll down and look for Windows Update Service. Right click on it and stop it, leave the window open.
Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all of its contents
Go back to services and right click windows update and start it.

reboot and then windows update should run

If windows update gets stuck again,

Press Windows+R. This will prompt run dialogue box. In here, type services.msc
Scroll down and look for Windows Update Service. Right click on it and stop it, leave the window open.
Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all of its contents
Go back to services and right click windows update and start it.

reboot and then windows update should run

thanks for the tip....will come in handy next time update pisses me off:D

Back