Monoprice 27" IPS-ZERO-G Slim Monitor WQHD 2560x1440

Never heard of it, but, after reading some of the reviews on their website, it doesn't seem to be bad.

In my opinion, its one ugly Monitor ;)

Awesome bang for the buck monitor, panel quality\uniformity are decent in them if you are on a budget. I have the same one but with a crappier bezel. You get a warranty with these unlike the ones from ebay from Korea too. The monitor doesn't have a scalar so it cuts down on input lag, it does however mean you have no on screen controls. Think of it as getting a nice car but with only the base model accessories.

Any other options that aren't to much more? I have been out of the loop on what is new and great. I just got a GTX980 and now I want to put some pressure on it with some more resolution.

Any other options that aren't to much more? I have been out of the loop on what is new and great. I just got a GTX980 and now I want to put some pressure on it with some more resolution.

Actually, I take back my comment earlier, this one does appear to have on screen controls. Monoprice sells another version of it there that does not and another version that has is loaded with even more features than this one (wont be in stock till May though)

EDIT:

If you are looking for even more features and a name brand check out the Acer B276HUL. Newegg is selling it for $479 and it looks to have received good reviews from them and other sites like Amazon, PC Mag, Digital Versus., etc

Last edited:
The IPS Zero G has terrible colour presets, lacks proper brightness controls and has a very high minimum brightness. It is not glossy, it uses Plasma Deposition Coating along with a few superior Crossovers.

The Acer B276HUL has high input lag and suffers from obvious overshoot ghosting and cross-hatching.

The AOC Q2770PQU, Asus PB278Q/PB278QR (AHVA panel), BenQ BL2710PT and LG 27MB85R-B are much better (Review links and more information). The LG 27MB85R-B is currently the best multi-input, semi-glossy or nearly grain free matte 1440p monitor ([H]ard Forum Thread).

The IPS Zero G has terrible colour presets, lacks proper brightness controls and has a very high minimum brightness. It is not glossy, it uses Plasma Deposition Coating along with a few superior Crossovers.

The Acer B276HUL has high input lag and suffers from obvious overshoot ghosting and cross-hatching.

The AOC Q2770PQU, Asus PB278Q/PB278QR (AHVA panel), BenQ BL2710PT and LG 27MB85R-B are much better (Review links and more information). The LG 27MB85R-B is currently the best multi-input, semi-glossy or nearly grain free matte 1440p monitor ([H]ard Forum Thread).

Thx.. the Asus PB is looking mighty tempting.

I have had this monitor for two years (first the original and then this updated model). The concerns I've read don't seem to be a big deal. I have a calibrator and I was able to bring everything into perfect rendition with a bit of fiddling but my buddy also bought the monitor and uses it without calibration and loves it. When it's in stock you can get it with discounts, too. There are better monitors out there but not better bargains for the quality. I'm selling mine now but only because I'm getting the 144 swift or acer.

I would wait for it to go on sale if you were to buy one, I got mine for around $320 on Massdrop, they come up fairly often there.

I don't think the "very high minimum brightness" is a concern to anyone who actually uses a monitor, what a retarded thing to be concerned about. I just tested mine on 0 brightness and it is way to dim to be of any use, anything under 30 and things start getting too dark to be of use. So for a reviewer to put that as a negative they are just being stupid.

Last edited:
I'd say go with a QNIX QX2710 from amazon over that and it's cheaper

I don't think the "very high minimum brightness" is a concern to anyone who actually uses a monitor, what a retarded thing to be concerned about. I just tested mine on 0 brightness and it is way to dim to be of any use, anything under 30 and things start getting too dark to be of use. So for a reviewer to put that as a negative they are just being stupid.

Some people do not like very bright monitors and have different lighting conditions. The Zero-G's minimum brightness is 3-4x brighter than most monitors and it has uncommonly awful preset colour accuracy.

----------------------------

The similarly priced Crossover AMG and 27QW series monitors have proper brightness controls and great colour presets, as does the Monoprice Glass Panel Pro (Anandtech Review), but it also as a very high minimum brightness.

But it has been correctable on three separate monitors.

I bought my calibration tool for $160 bucks and I thought it was a good purchase and I recently saw people got in on a deal for it around $100.

Back