What's the difference these cards?

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Clocks appear to be the only differences.

2887 is 876 core/928 boost
2888 is 1020 core/1085 boost

Are you sure the base clock one doesn't have just a 6pin plus 8pin like the reference? That would definitely mean it's different since the normal classified has dual 8pin. I thought all classified cards were premium due to their factory overclock. I've never seen a classified at base clock.

Are you sure the base clock one doesn't have just a 6pin plus 8pin like the reference? That would definitely mean it's different since the normal classified has dual 8pin. I thought all classified cards were premium due to their factory overclock. I've never seen a classified at base clock.

According to photos, they both have 1x 8-pin and 1x 6-pin.

Even though the pictures are the same, the information on EVGA's website says the Superclocked version (2888KR) has 2x 8-pin power connectors. That page also says the card is 11" long compared to 10.5" on the 2887KR. So it looks like the differences are base clock, power ceiling, and cooler length.

Confused as to why you would be buying a 780 Ti at this point?

yes I have to ask, why a 780ti? it's slower and uses more power as well as lacks the featureset of the 980.

yes I have to ask, why a 780ti? it's slower and uses more power as well as lacks the featureset of the 980.

I was considering switching to nvidia and Newegg has a 780ti classified for $400 with rebate for its only $370 and you get the new borderlands game. There seems to be little difference in speed yet the 980 would cost $170 more.

Back