Do I need a new monitor?

jlocohustler

Weaksauce
I have 2 viewsonic displays, 19" and 17", right now that I've been using for like 5 years. I'm a software developer and mostly work with consoles, virtual machines and my web browser. But very often I find myself juggling windows and it's becoming a little annoying. The 19" display is set at 1680x1050 and the 17" at 1280x1024.

So, I was looking forward to buying a new monitor-a 24" LED one like the Viewsonic VA2448M.

But I don't know if it'll really benefit me because I kinda like making excuses to buy myself new stuff. :D So, what if I invest in a new monitor and find out it doesn't really improve nothing?

So, is bigger better?

P.S Monitors are kinda expensive around here, I can get the 24" VA2448M for about $275, so, go easy on me.

Go to DFS direct sales, every week they upload some 24" IPS monitors for really cheap. Usually Thursday afternoons but maybe tomorrow because they didn't do it last week. I got a U2410 for $130 a few weeks ago. Amazing steal.

if you do get a new monitor, make sure to get a 16:10 and not a 16:9 type. For your work you want the extra vertical height.

Back