Firefox crashing recently?

[U]ber|Noob

Limp Gawd
Has anyone else noticed Firefox crashing recently, ie. since the last update?

I'm just trying to work out if it is a problem with my system or a bug in this version.

No crashes here on 36.0.4. Haven't had any crashes in a few years that wasn't caused by Flash hardware acceleration being on, and that only when I had my monitor rotated in portrait mode.

Haven't seen any issues lately. The one crash I still get from time to time is when browsing the file system to upload a file. Started back in late 35.x.x and I still get it from time to time.

I had one crash but I think it was on 35.

I always blame plug-ins or extensions though.

Actually I haven't noticed it crashing when I'm using it, but when I must have left it open or after I closed it (can't remember) a few times I saw a 'firefox has crashed etc' message.

If no one else has experienced this it's probably something to do with my system or addons etc.

Thanks

I uninstalled a few plugins, but I am still getting crashes, often I notice a 'firefox has crashed' dialog after I haven't used it for a while.

Might try reinstalling.

It's never really crashed until recently, I have noticed quite a few 'do you want to stop this script' crash errors before though.

I made the mistake of clicking my FF icon in the Task Bar while holding down Shift.

It gives you the option of starting in safe mode or refreshing FF

I clicked the button on the right because I was distracted, thinking I was canceling an upgrade.

Oops. It refused to run properly after that, to the point that I:

Had to enable the Admin account
Uninstall FF
Delete my FF profile
Regedit and remove any Firefox/Mozilla entries
Find my old version of FF (ver 19.xx)
Install it and upgrade it back to ver 37
Reinstall all my extensions

Frustrating, to say the least...

I've noticed that the UI seems to slow down more and more the longer you're using it.

[U]ber|Noob;1041520947 said:
I uninstalled a few plugins, but I am still getting crashes, often I notice a 'firefox has crashed' dialog after I haven't used it for a while.

Might try reinstalling.

It's never really crashed until recently, I have noticed quite a few 'do you want to stop this script' crash errors before though.
You could disable everything without uninstalling them. Then see if it crashes.

Back