Lost Account Access and Passwords Changed

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
All user passwords were updated in January of 2016.

Just click the update Forgot Password link and put your email in and all will work just fine.

If you have not kept an active email on your account, well, the system for this will not work for you have it will have to be done by hand on our end.

DO NOT REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send an email ([email protected]) with your User Name, the email address on the account for verification of account ownership, and the new email address you want applied to the account. If you have any other identifying information on the account, I would suggest that you send that as well to help shorten the process.

Last edited:
Yeah I had to do this today luckily i got through the images where I got one that was pretty clear ..

I was getting driven up a wall trying to use my password (old). Somehow, the failed attempts carried over from my old password, so when I reset it, it kept saying login failed. I was able to distract myself with some reading and was able to get back on.
Also, changing your email removes all privileges from your account until you verify said email. That took me a good 10 minutes to figure out after wondering why I couldn't post anything and only had room for 15 messages in my inbox.
TL,DR: Thanks for the post, make sure to check your email folks!

I just needed to send a quick message to Kyle to update my email address and now all is well.
Thank you to Kyle for being on top of things.

I just needed to send a quick message to Kyle to update my email address and now all is well.
Thank you to Kyle for being on top of things.

Same. Thanks to Kyle for fixing things so quickly. I bet he's having a busy day. :)

5 solid hours of cut and paste is always good for Monday. ;)

Something smells about this for me personally.

My passwords on a couple different websites have been reset recently as if someone has been trying to hack my accounts. I also received a very specific phishing attempt today that i'd classify as spearphishing because I was the very specific intended target.

I could just be too paranoid and insane making this 100% about me, but this is a strange coincidence. I'd appreciate hearing more as to the root cause of the issue if you find it. Hopefully it was just a fluke and not malicious.

Did anyone else on here with a certain occupation receive any fairly specific sounding spearphishing emails?

The new password Kyle sent me in the email did not work (checked and tried several times).

However, since he also updated my profile with my current email, I was able to reset it this time using the site's automated process. This worked (obviously since I am posting).

Just thought I would share, in case this helps to remind anyone else to try it if they run into the same issue.

(I am guessing that since Kyle is doing all of this manually, there may be a few copy/paste errors here and there, and I assume that may be what happened here.)

The new password Kyle sent me in the email did not work (checked and tried several times).

However, since he also updated my profile with my current email, I was able to reset it this time using the site's automated process. This worked (obviously since I am posting).

Just thought I would share, in case this helps to remind anyone else to try it if they run into the same issue.

(I am guessing that since Kyle is doing all of this manually, there may be a few copy/paste errors here and there, and I assume that may be what happened here.)

First one reported today and that is a huge surprise there have not been a lot more.

Recovery didn't work for me since it was saying my email address wasn't a valid email address.
Kyle got me fixed up in no time. thanks.

resetting the password worked fine!...luckily Kyle changed the rules a few years back where Yahoo e-mails were now permitted so I changed my e-mail back then

Thank goodness the era of not being able to use free email providers on some sites is over as I lost access to more than a few sites because of that BS as I was not unable to recoup an account because I no longer had access after changing providers. Thanks for the quick fix on this as my account was tied to a long gone email but is now tied to a email I use regularly.

That was scary as hell! The email service I used folded a long time ago. Thanks for the fix!!

Kyle had me fixed up in like 5 minutes. Awesome! Got a little worried. What e-mail address did I have in 2003? Oh right.... one from my private mail server that hasn't operated since like 2004 :D

Big thanks, must be swamped and still got my stuff fixed quickly.

I was starting to wig out. Felt like a fish out of water. lol

All good now.
relief.gif

Another Thanks to Kyle! The email addy I had has been gone for years and forgot to swap it out.

Something smells about this for me personally.

My passwords on a couple different websites have been reset recently as if someone has been trying to hack my accounts. I also received a very specific phishing attempt today that i'd classify as spearphishing because I was the very specific intended target.

I could just be too paranoid and insane making this 100% about me, but this is a strange coincidence. I'd appreciate hearing more as to the root cause of the issue if you find it. Hopefully it was just a fluke and not malicious.

Did anyone else on here with a certain occupation receive any fairly specific sounding spearphishing emails?

Glad Kyle was up on fixing things, but I too am wondering what happened here?

Finally got back in after the password reset system failed to do its magic. Thank you, Kyle! :)

Kyle this is the most creative idea for testing mechanical keyboard endurance I've ever seen :D

Seriously, thanks a lot for the huge effort fixing this!

Unfortunately for me, I'm one of those fools or idiots who are probably out of luck on this one :( I used an ancient email address that I don't even remember anymore for my former account, so after reading the Password sticky, I found myself having to make a new account. And all this just as I was about to send a fellow member a item they purchased for, too (hadn't taken down their address before the password issue hit) :( Kudos to Kyle & Co., though, for getting folks who are (smarter, better, or luckier) than I am though their password issues. :)

PS: I hope the guy whose product I'm supposed to ship to gets to read this and PMs me or answers back (already sent him an email) ... I don't know if it's within regulations for me to post his handle here ...

Kyle went above and beyond to help me out and get me back on the forum. Thanks a ton, Kyle!!!

If I don't have access to the e-mail I registered with 7-8 years ago am I SOL? I paid for access to general mayhem and would hate to lose that as well as all the PM's etc accumulated over the years.

Back