Bizarre Color ghosting on my Samsung Plasma TV

Dr.Khron

Limp Gawd
Samsung PN51E-535A-FXZA

About two years old. This started last month, it was most noticeable at first when viewing stark white webpages from my HTPC (connected through HDMI). It's gotten bad enough that I see color blotches bleeding through whenever the background isn't dark. Dark and/or static backgrounds tend to look perfect.

Sometimes I can even make out blurred images from 5-10 seconds ago, which tends to be most noticeable during commercials.

Is there anything I can to do to fix/adjust this?

I bought a plasma because I like the dark blacks, I'd be really bummed if I couldn't buy another.

What do you mean when you say that color blotches are bleeding through? Do you have a picture of the problem? If there is an afterimage on quickly-moving objects, that's just phosphor decay, but it shouldn't ever last more than a second.

Pictures it is!

The background of this Geico commercial is supposed to be stark white:

5KtojH1.jpg

Most of the ghosting is smeary color blotches like this, but if you look just to the left of the Geico logo, you can make out Alex Trebek's head.

And finally, this is about the least blurry example I've seen.

HhiJKVt.jpg

If you pause the DVR, the Geico logo will get blurrier and blurrier until it's just a smear... but It doesn't go away.

Looks like the panel or power supply is hosed and you are getting some nasty image retention. The horizontal lines look like like bleed which can occur when the row is unable to supply enough power across the whole screen. Does the line problem get better with dimmer images?

Looks like the panel or power supply is hosed and you are getting some nasty image retention. The horizontal lines look like like bleed which can occur when the row is unable to supply enough power across the whole screen. Does the line problem get better with dimmer images?

Yes, it does. When watching something dimmer and relatively static, it looks 100% fine.

For example, last week's 60 Minutes, the interviews with both Putin and Trump looked great.

Back