Predictions from Dell, etc. for BF2014 for barebone deals?

splash

Limp Gawd
I'm wanting to get a new barebones home PC for email/web browsing/MS office/NO GAMING. Coming from a quad core with 8 GB ram. I want to see a performance bump but keep it as cheap as possible. What are your predictions at a $200-250 price point and a $300-350 point? No keyboard/mouse/monitor just PS, MOBO, RAM, CPU, HDD or SSD and case w/ OS.

I'm just looking for a idea of what a deal will look like this year during the holidays!

Thank you to anyone that will take the time to respond to this.. I know I can be the only one that would like to know your thoughts on this topic.... Thanks!

See about snagging a deal on a refurb HP business desktop sporting a Sandy or Ivy Bridge i5/i7 for a pretty hot deal. Most will come with an active Microsoft COA for either Windows 7 or 8...your choice of OS. Won't be hard at all to get one in your price range.

I can attest that their run-in stress testing is the exact same as their new PC testing, which is quite extensive (I used to work for HP PSG in manufacturing/run-in/repair). HP's business product support is really damn good, to boot.

I'm wanting to get a new barebones home PC for email/web browsing/MS office/NO GAMING. Coming from a quad core with 8 GB ram. I want to see a performance bump but keep it as cheap as possible. What are your predictions at a $200-250 price point and a $300-350 point? No keyboard/mouse/monitor just PS, MOBO, RAM, CPU, HDD or SSD and case w/ OS.

I'm just looking for a idea of what a deal will look like this year during the holidays!

Thank you to anyone that will take the time to respond to this.. I know I can be the only one that would like to know your thoughts on this topic.... Thanks!

You should be able to do that now. Getting something faster than a q6700 will be very easy. In fact, if you're willing to buy used just hop on eBay and bid on a Dell i5 or i7.

I would look for retired HP or Dell small workstation. Upgrade HD to decent SSD, maybe video card if you have money left, and call it quits. Previous generations"gaming rigs" could actually be a viable solution within your budget as well. But if you are hoping for brand new - it might be tight...

Back