Brand new EYEFINITy triple 27" monitor arm

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I am running an EYEFINITY setup of three 27" Dell's. One is the older Dell 2707WFP I bought two years ago, and is used as the center/main display, and thne bought two Dell 2709WFP's off Cragislist for like half retail price.

Was looking all over the place for a good quality triple monitor arm that could support huge displays like this. Most on the market seem made for 24" and smaller. Well this one is made by Chief, and just supports my 27" by like a hair, but the engineers said weight no problem at all, and the length of these displays is just at the edge of what it supports but works fine :D

IMG_0505.jpg

photo-3.jpg

IMG00041-20100115-2326-1.jpg

http://www.ergodirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=15941

Plus you will need to pick out the type of base you want and height of pole.

I can vouch that this triple arm display will handle three 27" monitors easily, just not anything larger. So for all you guys/gals running the odd sizes of Asus and Viewsonic displays of like 24.5", 25", 26", or the Dell and Samsung owners that have 27", this arm is perfect. Now for 24" and below, there have cheaper and shorter models available.

Looks clean and nice, but what is the main purpose? Can you swivel them to Portrait with these arms?

awesome, totally going to pick one up.

edit: did you get the desk clamp, or the free stand base (KTA1002B)? If you got the free stand, is it pretty solid with 3 monitors attached to it? Any wobble? Debating on the desk clamp or the stand, as I don't want my monitors too far from me.

ps: total comes to $293.95 with the 3 monitor bar, 14" pole and free base stand, yeesh! Thats like a 4th monitor :p

Looks clean and nice, but what is the main purpose? Can you swivel them to Portrait with these arms?

So you can clear up some of your desk space, as you can lift all 3 off the table. Plus, the monitors will align perfectly since they're on the same span. Very clean! (but pricey)

awesome, totally going to pick one up.

edit: did you get the desk clamp, or the free stand base (KTA1002B)? If you got the free stand, is it pretty solid with 3 monitors attached to it? Any wobble? Debating on the desk clamp or the stand, as I don't want my monitors too far from me.

ps: total comes to $293.95 with the 3 monitor bar, 14" pole and free base stand, yeesh! Thats like a 4th monitor :p

I went with the base, it is very sturdy and strong. They say the bar can handle displays up to 30lbs each, and these Dell 27" without base only 18lbs each, so it can handle alot iof weight no problem.

Yes this is not cheap, but if you check the other very popular triple arm stand made by Ergotron it is pricey as well; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824994002

But the Ergontron is not made for monitors bigger than 24", so anyone with my size 27" can't use it, or if you have those odd size displays by Asus or Viewsonic of 24.5", 25.5" or 26" you will need the stand I bought

Your desktop wallpaper in the second shot looks wonderful. Do you mind giving out a link for it please? :D

I don't like the way they sit so high over the desk. Otherwise very nice design.

That is the #1 and only reason I bought it. To have monitors just sitting on top of desk at low height is lame and bad on your neck. You should have the middle of the screen close to your eye level, for best ergonomics

Plus having it up high at eye level makes it even more immersive ten fold
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

That is the #1 and only reason I bought it. To have monitors just sitting on top of desk at low height is lame and bad on your neck. You should have the middle of the screen close to your eye level, for best ergonomics

Plus having it up high at eye level makes it even more immersive ten fold
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I agree, they should be at eye level.

What size pole did you get for your setup?

Im thinking of doing this with my three 26inch Asus monitors.

The price is much less than it could've been. A few months ago I requested a quote for an arm capable of holding 2x20 and 1x30" monitors in a 4960x1600 PLP configuration and was eventually quoted $600ish for a model that's not advertised on the internet anywhere (including the manufacturers website). If I do anything it'll probably be a set of 3 single monitor clamp mount arms which it looks like I can get for a mere $400ish.

I don't agree. I prefer to look down, it's better than looking up to the top of the screen. It has nothing to do with the neck, 'cause it's all within line of sight (unless you have real poor vision). But that's just my personal preference.

Thanks for the link, Zorachus. I ordered the black version with base & 28" pole.

Thanks for the link, Zorachus. I ordered the black version with base & 28" pole.

Sweet good luck, and let me know what ya think. It is a very heavy duty and high quality piece of equipment.

I am running an EYEFINITY setup of three 27" Dell's. One is the older Dell 2707WFP I bought two years ago, and is used as the center/main display, and thne bought two Dell 2709WFP's off Cragislist for like half retail price.

Was looking all over the place for a good quality triple monitor arm that could support huge displays like this. Most on the market seem made for 24" and smaller. Well this one is made by Chief, and just supports my 27" by like a hair, but the engineers said weight no problem at all, and the length of these displays is just at the edge of what it supports but works fine :D

Man that's super CLEAN. Thanks a lot for the link. I bookmarked the site for future purchase (maybe a few paychecks from now). :D

I am very happy and satisfied with this setup now. 27" seems to be the best size for Eyefinity, I had 24" originally but it looked too narrow, so I sold them on Craigslist for what I paid for them and picked up the 2 Dell 2709W's on Craigslist as well, for half price :)

IMG00046-20100115-2327.jpg

Interesting piece of hardware. As far as the whole ergonomics go from what I have always heard its best to have them no higher than eye level.Of course not everyone listens to that sort of thing though. Thanks for sharing the info. I'm going to keep this hardware in mind if I go to a Eyefinity set up. :)

This is a very interesting prospect for my 3 asus 25.5" s .The 28" pole seems a bit to high of a pole . I probably wouldn't want mine at 19'' like yours . but I was wondering if you could post some more pictures with a little bit more detail. If your using a phone camera without a flash. maybe you could shine some light on the rear of the mounts to get a better shot. I had such a hard time when looking for a tri mount. when I was setting up mine . nothing i could find supported above 24" I ended up getting separate mounts, and sometimes one or the other moves a little and it can be a pain in the ass to get them set right again . but this looks to be a winner. It's a wonder I didn't see this. I spent several days looking online for a good mount. and never seen this. thanks for the link. If you could get a better shot . it might be the desiding factor on if I get this or not

This is a very interesting prospect for my 3 asus 25.5" s .The 28" pole seems a bit to high of a pole . I probably wouldn't want mine at 19'' like yours . but I was wondering if you could post some more pictures with a little bit more detail. If your using a phone camera without a flash. maybe you could shine some light on the rear of the mounts to get a better shot. I had such a hard time when looking for a tri mount. when I was setting up mine . nothing i could find supported above 24" I ended up getting separate mounts, and sometimes one or the other moves a little and it can be a pain in the ass to get them set right again . but this looks to be a winner. It's a wonder I didn't see this. I spent several days looking online for a good mount. and never seen this. thanks for the link. If you could get a better shot . it might be the desiding factor on if I get this or not

I did a TON of research looking for a good mount for larger monitors, most seem made for 24" max and many for 20"-22" size. But this one supports up to 27" screens, or 25" physical size width to width for each display, and my 27" measure in at 24-3/4" :) I am very happy with this setup now, this mount is perfect for me, clean, heavy duty and high quality, looks bad ass but professional too. Makes the displays look like they floating in the air

Just have my crappy iPhone for pics;

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

Thanks, Those pictures are just what I was looking for . Now there is only one thing left for me to do. is to save some cash.

I've been kind of on a spending spree. Generally She lets me get anything I want The last time I asked my wife for something this is what she gave me.

DSC00693.jpg

Someone is making a killing off monitor arms. Never understood why they cost so much.

Nice setup op!

Back