The Official HP w2207/w2007 Thread

Volume

2[H]4U
I made this thread because I've seen quite a bit of them popping up individually. Let's use this to discuss HP's new line of widescreen LCD displays, the wxx07 series.

I'll start off saying that when I got this monitor home, I was amazed at the clarity of everything I threw at it, and that gaming on it is great.
I did, however, receive one with a stuck pixel and will be exchanging it soon for the same one.

Overall a very SATISFIED user!

Update: After having exchanged it, I received one with absolutely NO defects.
No dead/stuck pixels, and even the backlight was better than the previous one.
No noticeable bleeding even while using a solid black background! This, of course, may be luck of the draw.

Contents of package:
  • Monitor (or at least one would hope)
  • Driver disk
  • USB cable
  • Power Cable
  • VGA cable
  • does not come with a DVI cable

Some key points I've noticed about the monitor:
  • Good cable management
  • Strong, stable arm. Supports 90degree turning
  • Good menu
  • Option to turn off the power button's LED
  • Streamlined position of the power button) on top, out of sight
  • Great colors and brightness
  • Vertical angle fading not as apparent as on the Samsung 226bw; very exceptional considering the size of this TN panel
  • Very minimal and hard-to-notice backlight bleeding
  • No color bleeding
  • No ghosting in games
  • Two USB inputs on the left side (out of view)

**Pictures have been removed due to host being down.

Last edited:
Have you used or seen a 360 on this LCD? Would like to know.

Sorry, I don't own one. Speaking of which, it's too bad that this monitor didn't come with component inputs. Would have been nice. The Gateway equivalent of it has that, but is nowhere the picture quality of this monitor.

You could run the 360 through a DVI cable and I, too, would like to see a photo or confirmation of this performing well.

Definitely considering picking this one up. Right now i'm torn between this, the Dell 2007wfp, or the NEC 20WMGX2 ($399 oem). All of them for roughly the same price.

22" is a GREAT size, so it's a compromise between size or picture/color quality.

Ohhh, the consumer-whore woes.

Sorry, I don't own one. Speaking of which, it's too bad that this monitor didn't come with component inputs. Would have been nice. The Gateway equivalent of it has that, but is nowhere the picture quality of this monitor.

You could run the 360 through a DVI cable and I, too, would like to see a photo or confirmation of this performing well.

All you need a the VGA cable which i have, so you dont need component inputs.

Where else can you buy this monitor besides CC? How come Newegg, Zipzoomfly and Bestbuy (North America) don't carry this yet?

Definitely considering picking this one up. Right now i'm torn between this, the Dell 2007wfp, or the NEC 20WMGX2 ($399 oem). All of them for roughly the same price.

22" is a GREAT size, so it's a compromise between size or picture/color quality.

Ohhh, the consumer-whore woes.

I'm in the same situation as you. Although, without the HP monitor available in the UK, i think i'm just going to get the NEC 20WGX2.

The Hp w2207 just started selling about a week or so ago.In time im sure other places will be selling it.Its like when the sammy 226bw first came out it was only sold at circuit city!now its sold in lots of places.I wonder who makes the LCD Panel for Hp?.I hope they dont do what others have done and go with different panel suppliers

B000OK2X6K.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V24541173_SS500_.jpg

Mansize, I'd be just a bit more patient for the monitor to be available in the UK. Trust me, seeing is believing. However, if it gets to your shores, make sure you can play with it instore. If I hadn't played with the w19b I wouldn't have ever seen the difference with the non-glare panels. I myself have to thank the guys who raised such hell about Samsung's lottery crap with their 226wb. It was well worth the wait. If you go to the thread about HP's new 30" monitor (3065 if I'm not mistaken) you can find some 2560x1600 photos. On my new w2207 they look absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately they're all statics from games, looking very artificial as far as content, however color and rez are absolutely stunning. Get as many photos you can on a CD and try the w2207 hooked to an individual computer. Also try Vista's sample pictures. You'll see what you would've been missing.

Just to let you guys know, the w2207 goes on sale at Circuit City on 4/15/07 at $329.

Original post updated with pictures.

Mansize, I'd be just a bit more patient for the monitor to be available in the UK. Trust me, seeing is believing. However, if it gets to your shores, make sure you can play with it instore. If I hadn't played with the w19b I wouldn't have ever seen the difference with the non-glare panels. I myself have to thank the guys who raised such hell about Samsung's lottery crap with their 226wb. It was well worth the wait. If you go to the thread about HP's new 30" monitor (3065 if I'm not mistaken) you can find some 2560x1600 photos. On my new w2207 they look absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately they're all statics from games, looking very artificial as far as content, however color and rez are absolutely stunning. Get as many photos you can on a CD and try the w2207 hooked to an individual computer. Also try Vista's sample pictures. You'll see what you would've been missing.

I'm banking on it getting released soon although, as it stands, if i search "HP W2207" on UK Google i get 5 results- none of which are related to the actual monitor. I'm thinking that the model name, or the actual model of the monitor, might be slightly different in Europe so maybe i'm searching for the wrong thing. Like with NEC's 20WMGX2 in the US, it's called the NEC 20WGX2 in Europe and lacks a few of the features. I wonder if HP has implemented a similar practise.

W2007, Just got it yesterday, it's got a stuck pixel in the middle so i have to return it but otherwise its nice
http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newmonitor010lr8.jpg
Backlight bleed, i guess its pretty bad but honestly I dont even care, I can only notice the top so whatever
http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newmonitor012hu3.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newmonitor008gt9.jpg
http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newmonitor011bm8.jpg
Pictures do it no justice :( but I think the backlight bleed should be taken into account, keep in mind these monitors have glossy screens, which really make for a clearer and sharper picture

Thanks for the pics tpfaff.When it comes to backlight bleed i beleave its the luck of draw.From what ive seen and heard on bleed it can vary alot on any particular monitor model.It will depend on the type of quality control the monitor manufacture uses.Considering how backlight bleeding varies per unit!it would be a good idea that the manufacture check each monitor for bleeding.Maybe it is done this way but they have very loose specs on what is good and bad.Well! enjoy the new Hp!If i didnt already have two 22" monitors i would seriously consider getting a HP!It would of gone very nicely with my two Hp Computers.

Hey Volume thanks for the info. So you said there was no ghosting in games did you try BF2 also ??? I saw it on your computer :D . I am looking for a different option for a monitor besides the 226BW because I really do not want to get stuck with a bad panel.

Hey Volume thanks for the info. So you said there was no ghosting in games did you try BF2 also ??? I saw it on your computer :D . I am looking for a different option for a monitor besides the 226BW because I really do not want to get stuck with a bad panel.

In my opinion, the 226bw is a bad panel whether you get the A, S, or C. But let's save that discussion for the Samsung thread.

As far as BF2 goes, that's all I've been playing lately and I've seen no ghosting at all.

Thanks for the help and I saw you had a 226bw also so I will take your word on it

I'm thinking about get the 20.1" version of this monitor, but a bit concerned as it doesn't look to have the hight adjustibility like my brothers Dell. Can anybody confirm if it does or doesn't? Judging by the picture, it looks like it doesn't... And I've heard some people say that these have a "glossy screen"... what exactly is that? I've seen some laptops that look like they have a small layer of glass or plastic on top of the screen to give it a bit more shine... is that what it is?

Thanks.

Don't think the stand is height adjustable on the 20.1 inch HP monitor.

Glossy screens are supposed to make the colors more vibrant but it also makes it very reflective so if you have a light source behind you then it will be visible in the monitor screen (like a mirror).

Just bought this today.
Dont see any dead pixels anywhere, and the screen is just awesome looking.
The glossy screen is amazing!

Anyone with any recommended settings?

I'm not sure what color temp to use.. 6500k or 9300k??

Just bought this today.
Dont see any dead pixels anywhere, and the screen is just awesome looking.
The glossy screen is amazing!

Anyone with any recommended settings?

I'm not sure what color temp to use.. 6500k or 9300k??

I use 6500k and used the Nvidia control panel display wizard to set up my picture. I didn't know WoW could look this good.

Count me in as another owner. I got it price-matched at Bestbuy since i have a $70 gift card also and the total price is $295 tax included.

i'm still really torn between this and the NEC 20WMGX2.

I think i'm gonna pick one up at circuit city and play with it for the 14 days. Does anyone know if the 15% restocking fee is in effect if I do this?

I'm waiting for HP to come out with a 24" 8-bit LCD with Brightview (glossy).

I wish I would have waited a few more days now I paid that extra 60 bucks. Oh well, im really happy with the monitor.

I think i'm gonna pick one up at circuit city and play with it for the 14 days. Does anyone know if the 15% restocking fee is in effect if I do this?

Yes you would have a restocking fee if it is opened and not damaged or defective :(

Surely the NEC's AS-IPS panel is better than the TN-film panel used on the HP; for me there's no competition. It sure would be nice of the NEC had a height adjustable stand, though.

I also think the NEC would be better because of the panel but it is just soooo expensive

Surely the NEC's AS-IPS panel is better than the TN-film panel used on the HP; for me there's no competition. It sure would be nice of the NEC had a height adjustable stand, though.

Oh, i know it would definitely be better. The NEC i'm looking at is $399 OEM..but i'm still debating if i REALLY need that much of a better screen, or just get a brand new, cheaper, bigger screen that most people are happy with.

For now i'm leaning towards NEC. Since it would be something i'd be using for a while, it might as well be awesome. and for $399 + shipping and 15 days to play with it, I can't go wrong.

Back