Do all your programs work on WIndows 10

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Not sure if I want to make the switch even if it's Free if some of my programs won't work.
I have a few bot programs that on Windows 10 might not work on.

If you're worried, wait for the final release later this year. Or, dual boot and test to see if they work. Generally, if they work in Windows 8, they'll work with Windows 10.

That said - I haven't had a single program not work under Windows 10. It's been pretty good. It's still pre-release, so if it doesn't work it's all on me and it's not supported officially by Microsoft. If it hoses everything, that's all on me.

But, like any other OS release, some things won't work on the new version. Most things will, but there are always those few little programs that are either old or whatever that just won't run right.

Yeah, using dual boot here. Everything I've installed has worked OK--took a while to get Creative drivers running but then, Creative is always problematic. Haven't installed a ton of stuff because I didn't partition off a lot of the SSD so don't have a lot of space to utilize. Everything is at your own risk right now since it is a sandbox from MS and they are only in the testing phase. Almost nothing has native support for Windows 10 drivers and the best we can do is try 8.1 drivers or use what MS sends us through the updates. Honestly the driver they sent me works much better on GPU than the 8.1 drivers I tried from Nvidia.

So far everything works even oldies like starcraft, NFS3/4, jedy academy and wing commander.

Creative Drivers are always something else takes them forever usually to update them with New OS releases.
I remember having problems with my SoundBlaster Audigy.

So far everything works even oldies like starcraft, NFS3/4, jedy academy and wing commander.

EA golf doesn't work, neither do a few other games. My uncle lost function of most of his games that were purchased while he still had XP (2 years +).

Jedi Acadamy? Wow I was not aware it even worked with 7.
Loved that game.

I have not loaded any games into 10 yet but all programs are working, even 8+ year old Uguru which was not even updated for 7 so it's running in vista mode basically.

Must say 10 is pretty snappy on my 8 year old core2duo system with Arc100 SSD.

Jedi Acadamy? Wow I was not aware it even worked with 7.
Loved that game.

I have not loaded any games into 10 yet but all programs are working, even 8+ year old Uguru which was not even updated for 7 so it's running in vista mode basically.

Must say 10 is pretty snappy on my 8 year old core2duo system with Arc100 SSD.

I think Wing Commander etc. work using dosbox so they're OS agnostic as long as dosbox runs on it. IIRC I installed WC from the Origin free game offer but since I never played it before there was no nostalgy factor for me.

I had a emulator for Atari games but not 98-XP era games.

Wing commander should not work natively even in Win7 anymore, it's a pure DOS game. On Origin the game automatically launches dosbox that is integrated in the package. You don't need to have it installed.

Set up a virtual machine and install windows 10 release candidate and test your programs.

For me nothing that uses my live account works in windows 10 when logged in as a domain user. Although I am using an nt4 style domain account on a classic samba 3.X domain.

Crysis 1, both steam version and installed from original DVD both crash on startup, tried normal launch and run as admin.

Back