Logitech G502 Proetus too narrow

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Someone said on the overclock.net forums that it's long enough the mouse it but it's width is too narrow which I could see could cause some problems I suppose with Cramping ect...

It is a little too narrow for me to consider it a perfect shape like say my DeathAdder but it's still the best mouse on the planet. At first it bothered me a little but it didn't take long to get used to it. The rest of the shape is great and that sensor is surgical. Unless you've got pancake hands, I wouldn't let it keep you from buying one cause I really don't think it would have e a problem.

I'll need to test it out at BestBuy before I buy it then. I am a fairly tall person, so I need to make sure my hand won't cramp since I palm the mouse most of the time.

wow didn't know you could try them out at BB they have them at Walmart but they are like 79.00 and
if I didn't like I would have to take it back. Which isn't a problem you say but if you work there buy a 80.00 mouse and take it back the girls talk behind your back =) Might have to try it out at Best Buy =)

I own a G502 next to other high end mice and I can't use it because of the size of my hand. I have pretty big hands and my thumb finger keeps clicking the left side button, it just doesn't sit on the resting spot. Instead, it comes straight down onto the left side button. This forces me to keep on using the Rival which has the same sensor and is almost as good of a mouse, so I'd definately suggest trying it out before you buy. Zowie is also coming up with new versions of their EC Evo mice.

i been wanting to try that mouse. i missed the good deal at best buy last month only for $50. but not sure going to fit my hand =/.

Totally depends on your grip. I've got big hands but I use a fingertip grip. Perfect for the 502.

I have one and went back to my G9x. Felt like I was constantly having to death grip it with my fingertips. And the texture was very "meh". G9x just neatly fits into my hand and gives me wide surfaces to push it around.

I do still LOVE my G9s/G9Xs. I've done a good job at wearing out my 3.

Mine just arrived today. Purchased to replace my G9 that started missing clicks after 7 years of good service.

I do notice that the G502 is indeed more narrow than what I'm used to with the G9, but seemingly not excessively so. Seems like a solid mouse, but I do prefer the ergonomics and styling of the G9 over the G502. Feature wise, the G502 wins hands down over the G9 due to the extra buttons, newer sensor and the sniper button or whatever the technical term for it is. My only gripe is that I want a comfortable mouse with clean lines that doesn't look like some wild alien space craft like most gaming mice to these days.

Not unhappy with my purchase, especially when it comes to the price. G9's are going for $200 and up on ebay and amazon. Tempting, honestly, but I just can't justify it. That being said, I'm keeping my G9 in hopes I might be able to repair or replace the life mouse button. Aside from the button mechanism itself not registering clicks reliably, the mouse itself is in great shape. I'd gladly put it back into service if I can.

Mine just arrived today. Purchased to replace my G9 that started missing clicks after 7 years of good service.

I do notice that the G502 is indeed more narrow than what I'm used to with the G9, but seemingly not excessively so. Seems like a solid mouse, but I do prefer the ergonomics and styling of the G9 over the G502. Feature wise, the G502 wins hands down over the G9 due to the extra buttons, newer sensor and the sniper button or whatever the technical term for it is. My only gripe is that I want a comfortable mouse with clean lines that doesn't look like some wild alien space craft like most gaming mice to these days.

Not unhappy with my purchase, especially when it comes to the price. G9's are going for $200 and up on ebay and amazon. Tempting, honestly, but I just can't justify it. That being said, I'm keeping my G9 in hopes I might be able to repair or replace the life mouse button. Aside from the button mechanism itself not registering clicks reliably, the mouse itself is in great shape. I'd gladly put it back into service if I can.

I know they sell replacement switches for these mice on ebay. You would just need to desolder the existing one and solder the new one in.

And logitech really should realize they fucked up discontinuing the G9 series when used ones fetch such a premium on ebay.

Back