Making an ISO available as a repository on ESXi

Hi. Can't figure this out. I've created a CentOS 6.5 virtual machine under ESXi 5.5 by connecting the CD Drive in the VM to a CentOS iso I uploaded to a datastore, and then installing. Is it possible to mount that iso within the VM so I can use it as yum repository? I know I can upload the iso inside the VM and mount it there but it seems like a waste of space, especially if I have multiple VMs.

Any pointers? Thanks

If you mapped the CD drive to the ISO already it will be available in the VM. Make sure the drive is marked as "Connected" in vSphere and you'll probably need to mount it in CentOS. In Windows it will just show up when you connect the CD to an ISO regardless of where it's stored.

Hi. I've mapped the CD drive to the ISO under ESXi, The contents of the ISO popup inside the VM and it's show as mounted to /media/CentOS_6.5_Final. The bit I'm struggling with is how to make it into a yum repository now so that any package installs I make are coming from the mounted ISO. If that makes sense. Thanks.

Never mind, went and learnt how to set up an NFS server and mounted the iso from there.

It's the cirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcle of lifffffffffffffffffffe!

Back