Contact message for lost iPhone

On my Samsung Galaxy Nexus there was a great option to let you set a message at the unlock screen in case you lost your phone. It would say "If found please contact [email protected]". Or you could put whatever you wanted.

I can't seem to find this feature on my iPhone 5S. Does it exist?

Thanks!

If your device ever goes missing, you can put it into lost mode (via iCloud), which will lock it and display a message w/ a contact number. You can also view its whereabouts in real time, and a list of places its recently been.

Findmyiphone has to be enabled though

I am pretty sure there is a jailbreak tweak available if you wanted to do something like this. I would highly recommend updating to iOS 8.1 if you are not already there. Pangu jailbreak is broken on 8.1.1 which is currently in testing for developers.

Thanks for the suggestions. Such a simple feature that should be included. Not interested in jailbreaking the phone due to loss of warranty. I'll just live without it I guess.

If your device ever goes missing, you can put it into lost mode (via iCloud), which will lock it and display a message w/ a contact number. You can also view its whereabouts in real time, and a list of places its recently been.

Findmyiphone has to be enabled though

This^^^

Enable FindMyiPhone and you'll have more options than simply displaying a message that will get ignored anyways...

We actually just went through this yesterday. My wifes iP6 went missing after a shopping trip so we immediately logged into iCloud and put the phone in 'lost mode' at which point it locks the phone down and allows you to put a custom message and contact phone number on the phone as well as track the location.

The phone had been turned off immediately after having gone missing, so no info was available when we put it in lock mode and could not locate it, but later that night it was turned on and tracking began. The phone was 2 hours away from where we had lost it, but get this, someone actually called the number! Apparently they 'found it' and would be bringing it back into town. The battery died last night according to iCloud, but somehow the tracking still functioned and we watched it ride back into town this morning. My wife picked it up at the Grocery store in perfect condition.

I honestly could not believe it worked (just used some serious Karma!) and I was impressed with the the ability to lock/track/ and potentially wipe the phone.

As long as 'Find my Phone is on' (I believe the default is ON for iOS8) you have access to find/track and wipe your phone.

Back