Black Friday 4K Monitor Deals

pkScary

Limp Gawd
I am looking for deals on displays for this upcoming Black Friday. I found an LG 40UB8000 UHD 4K LED Smart HDTV for $619.00, but I am mostly looking for computer monitors. Anybody know of any 4K 60 hz monitors that are/will be on sale this month?

If you get the LG 40UB8000 can you verify if it has a 10-bit HDMI port? Nobody has been able to find out so far. I had the LG 49UB8500 but it's waaaay to big for desktop gaming.

Microcenter will have UHD monitors on Black Friday - just saw a 28 inch LED display for $499.99. Manufacturer unknown.

The Samsung 28" 4k is down to $499 on Amazon, BestBuy and Microcenter (though Amazon had a 1 person limit). I picked up 2 from Best Buy and 1 from Amazon.

The Samsung 28" 4k is down to $499 on Amazon, BestBuy and Microcenter (though Amazon had a 1 person limit). I picked up 2 from Best Buy and 1 from Amazon.

I'm surprised 4K at that size is that cheap, relatively speaking.

I'm surprised 4K at that size is that cheap, relatively speaking.

There are cheaper models (the Dell 28" comes to mind), but this one does 60hz over DP. Won't be gaming on these, just Visual Studio.

I'd personally avoid the Samsung (and all the other 28's that use the same panel) as it's a TN, but your guys mileage may vary.

Keep an eye on the Dell P2715Q - a new 27" 4k ips monitor. With Discover Cash back and coupons, many people were able to get this for $430.00. Not bad for a new 4k ips display that comes with a 3 year advance exchange warranty.

Looking for one in the 39' range. Gaming desktop use fed by my GTX 980.

4K 60hz monitors are already few and far between. Good luck finding one on sale..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009659

Acer B286HK (4K 60hz SST DP 1.2) for $350 shipped, yeah it's TN like all the other 28" but it has only 10.6ms input lag, no grayscale or ghosting issues like some of the 28" panels have, a USB 3.0 hub, and 3-year warranty. Plus it's returnable with no restock if you don't like it under newegg's holiday iron egg policy. I don't normally bite on TN screens but given the good reviews I found of it I am going to give this thing a shot. I originally was going to aim for a Dell P2715Q but this might do the trick fine for me for gaming. EDIT: You may be able to get an extra 5% off with coupon code NAFBF14A starting at 11am Pacific Time today if they're in stock still by then. I am going to try to get them to apply it to my order once it's active.

Keep an eye on the Dell P2715Q - a new 27" 4k ips monitor. With Discover Cash back and coupons, many people were able to get this for $430.00. Not bad for a new 4k ips display that comes with a 3 year advance exchange warranty.

Yeah, there was a coupon error that allowed some to get it that low, most got it for $500 when stacking everything (~$550 without discover) + tax, which is still crazy for a screen of that caliber. The best price I can get right now on that is $600ish taxed/shipped, so I am trying the Acer first since the intent for the monitor is mainly for gaming and non-color sensitive work (I have IPS/PLS monitors for the color-sensitive stuff). For potentially a bit more than half the price I've gotta try it at least :eek: .

Last edited:
Hmmm - that Acer B286HK is very tempting at that price. I also might have to give it a try...

Almost, but you didn't mention the coupon.

Actually, I did. Re read the post, it's near the middle :D.

You may be able to get an extra 5% off with coupon code NAFBF14A starting at 11am Pacific Time today if they're in stock still by then. I am going to try to get them to apply it to my order once it's active.

I've been eyeing these. I'm not sure if I'm ready to make the move to 4K just yet.

If you are still interested in seeing some deals for 4k monitors this Samsung seems to be like a really go deal.

Believe the specs just speak for them self.

1 billion color support and 60Hz!

Samsung suggested retail is 599.99 and its onsale for 499.99.

But alot of vendors have it priced higher than the msrp.

I found out Newegg has it $300 off from their normal price 799.99 with free shipping as well!

This monitor is at the top of my list of things to watch and see if there will be anymore of a price drop going to black friday and cyber monday.

If that is the case it will be my first 4K monitor purchase!

If you are still interested in seeing some deals for 4k monitors this Samsung seems to be like a really go deal.

I found out Newegg has it $300 off from their normal price 799.99 with free shipping as well!

This monitor is at the top of my list of things to watch and see if there will be anymore of a price drop going to black friday and cyber monday.

I've got 3 coming tomorrow, will reply back with my findings comparing it to a 2 year old 24" Acer 1080p monitor.

I saw this in Best Buy Sunday night. It does look nice, however the demo only showed still images. This made me worry about its video performance. Also, you could tell the colors/clarity suffered a bit from it being a TN panel.

I think the size, resolution, and refresh rate make this monitor an attractive value proposition at this price point...I'm just not sure it's enough to get me to jump on the 4k bandwagon.

The Samsung has 2 frames of input lag, a bad stand, a perceived black depth ruining glossy black bezel (glossy vs matte bezel comparison), and worse colour presets than the PB287Q.

Samsung
http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/samsung-u28d590d-p20242/test.html

Asus
http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/asus-pb287q-p18556/test.html

The Asus and iiyama (Europe only) 4K TN's are the only decent ones with low input lag, good colour presets and proper overdrive (the non-G-Sync Acer suffers from obvious overshoot ghosting and lacks overdrive settings like the majority of Acer monitors).

I don't understand why anyone would want to buy these for gaming since they have poor viewing angles, poor vibrancy uniformity due to TN gamma shift, the matte coating and poor scaling (app/program dependent) negate the sharpness benefits, they require 2x 970/290's to drive new games properly and will be prone to mega tearing due to the low fps when V-Sync is disabled (required to get a smoother experience with low fps+high settings in games).

Last edited:
One of the Samsungs came in last night, used it for a few hours fixing some bugs in Visual Studio and have spent the last 3.5 hours doing more Visual Studio work.

Here's a quick review:
-Using the DisplayPort and the included cable (with a Mini DP adapter) to my 6970 it runs silky smooth in desktop and video (played some 1080p mp4s), no flicker or anything at 2560x1440 (I swapped to another cable that I know is DP1.2 so maybe my 6970s are simply too old for 1.2, I did buy them October 2011 afterall)
-Colors aren't as vibrant as my Acer LED displays I am upgrading from, but not bad in the least
-Have not gamed yet so I can't comment on that
-Angled towards me head on, have had no viewing angle issues
-Hooked up my gaming machine with an R9 280 via HDMI to the monitor to test 3840x2160 @30hz - definitely do not want to ever do that again, it was rough just clicking around Windows 8.1 at that refresh rate.

On a side note, my Surface 3 Pro (i7) output with a MiniDP -> DisplayPort wouldn't display anything higher than 2160x1440.

Last edited:
Back