Alienware's new triangular computer now available.

I suppose this would be an interesting form factor if you were looking to build a fanless PC and wanted to increase the force of convection (which is very weak for PC cooling purposes) by using the chimney effect.

But that's not what's happening here, so there's no functionality behind the form. They made it look like a hatbox for nothing.

yep looks like most of the triangle is just empty space.

I dunno, it looks pretty nice. They're basically just tossing the square and going with a more circular case. It's still just as long, allowing for multiple full-length graphics cards.

I you're going to waste the massive amounts of cash buying Alienware instead of DIY, the least you should get is a crazy looking case :D

I dunno, it looks pretty nice. They're basically just tossing the square and going with a more circular case. It's still just as long, allowing for multiple full-length graphics cards.

I you're going to waste the massive amounts of cash buying Alienware instead of DIY, the least you should get is a crazy looking case :D

The case is designed all wrong for good airflow through the case.

The intake fan(s) are angled down, while the exhaust fans are angled up.

That is going to tend to encourage hot spots to develop.

The case is designed all wrong for good airflow through the case.

The intake fan(s) are angled down, while the exhaust fans are angled up.

That is going to tend to encourage hot spots to develop.

Look carefully, it has two pointing down, and one up.

Look carefully, it has two pointing down, and one up.

Yes, I saw that the first time I looked at it. Still looks like a stupid design to me.

And I just noticed that the drives are mounted in their own compartment with no forced air cooling. Brilliant! :rolleyes:

12gb GDDR5 (3x4gb) ... hasn't anyone told Dell that that isn't how the graphic memory math works?

12gb GDDR5 (3x4gb) ... hasn't anyone told Dell that that isn't how the graphic memory math works?

They know exactly how marketing math works! Same reason we have 931GB terabyte drives, marketing.

Back