Lian Li PC-V359

mello_newf

Limp Gawd
Lian Li PC-V359WB Black Aluminum Micro ATX (NEWEGG)
Lian-Li Global | PC-V359 (Lian-Li)

Im looking into doing a rebuild using this PC-V59WB from my PC-354B case with W/C options in mind.

Anyone have experience doing a build using this case? Any annoyances particularly when factoring in a W/C setup? My plan is to have 2X 240 Rads one on the left (bottom side) and one on the right (top side).

The left panel that's closest to were the Video card will be I want to flip that panel upside down, cut a window in above the fan mounts to show a plexi video block and have a rad mounted near the bottom of the case if possible this will require that I remove the fan mounted at the front of the case as well as the HDD cage. The biggest unknown im dealing with at the moment is the side panels seem to have a lip at the top not sure if that will be a issue when flipping that panel upside down.

Anyway I know this is a long shot with this being a pretty new case. But if you have any experience I would love to hear about it or pick your brain.

If you know when I can get this thing cheaper that would also be very helpful. Right now I only see it on newegg and frozencpu with newegg being the cheaper option all in to Canada (about $260 total )

To anyone looking at this case with water cooling in mind I have just picked one up here are my initial findings.

Dual 120mm Fan Mounts
-Can support a slim (30mm thick) style 240 rad with 2x 20-25mm thick fans (both sides)
*exceeding a total thickness of 55mm per rad will cause clearance issues with the back mounted 120mm fan, cpu block, and GPU (depending on board and PCI-E slot spacing having a card on the bottom PCI-E slot with cause clearance issues with the rad, might get away with 25-30mm rad & 15mm fans on that side)*

Flipping the side panels to mount rad under mobo tray requires the following
blarg.gif

-Remove mobo risers from tray (space with very thin nylon washers)
-Relocate mobo tray supports from front of case towards the center of the tray (add 10mm spacers)
-Drill holes at back side of case 10mm up to attach back side of mobo tray
-Grind/cut 3-4mm up the IO cutout in the back of case
-Remove HDD & Front mounted 120mm fan
-Remove PSU mount, HDD cage magnet, side panel stabilizer x2
-Extend (cut) back existing PSU cutout to far side of back panel
-Mount PSU in back middle
-Mount HHD/SSD at front center of case
-Mount pump/Res above SSD/HDD

Benefits of mod
-After doing this I will be able to fit 2x 240 rads + PSU under the mobo tray with a total per rad thickness of 80mm (inc fan)
-2 additional viewing windows (side panels)
-Unobstructed view, windows wont feature 50%+ of the space with rads

Final Thoughts
God help me... So close yet so far away for what I want to do. I will most likely start a build log when I get into it and finalize my plan. On the plus side EVERYTHING is easily removable, doing this will also allow me to cut out 2 windows (one on each side panel). The design of the PCI-E locking mechanize will actually allow height differences without requiring modification.... Pretty sure anyway
whistling.gif

Last edited:
Is the motherboard tray removeable without modding?

Yes, everything in this case is either screwed together, or is a slide panel. The mobo tray is on screwed in supports and is not riveted into the case. I just can't remember how many screws you have to loosen to remove it, but I don't think it's more than 6.

I have the PC-Q36 and it's as modular as it gets, and having looked long at the PC-V359, construction is identical.

Yeah mobo tray has about 5 screws holding it on. Few more if you want to remove the pegs at the front of the case that gives it support.

Only thing that I have found to be riveted is the PSU mounts. Got them out with a flat head screwdriver without much issue but can't be reused

Back