Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

If anyone can make a game that parallels the excitement and interest I had when playing Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2, I would gladly spend my money on it. Even better if it emphasizes (or encourages) stealth over millions-of-enemies deathmatch-like maps.

BF and BF2--while I had fun playing them--were not great games. The thing I remember the most about them was getting head-shot from miles away on pretty much any map and rage-quitting.

Have any of the Star Wars games ever had a game map that had the player going through the original death star? I want to say that maybe the first Dark Forces had the "secret base" level, that was clearly inspired by a death-star-like object, but I don't think anyone recreated the death star IIRC. That would be pretty awesome.

Then again, I feel like I've ignored a lot of the SW universe games that came out after BF/BF2.

I love star wars but i think its a dying brand.. even my boys don't care much for it.

even though i loved the battlefront games, i don't know if they will garner enough excitment in that type of game.. if you look at games like KOTOR vs Battlefront, you can see where the star wars brand should be focusing their effort :)

i am with the above though, time for a Kyle Katarn revisit

I'd be interested if they focused on the original trilogy for their character models. If the goddamned thing is inundated with bullshit from the prequels, I don't give a fuck.

the thought of a star wars game with frostbite graphics has me very excited

My step-son was a huuuge Star Wars fan when he was about 5. I used to load up Battlefront 2 and he would play in an empty server for hours just running around and piloting the vehicles and letting his imagination fill in the rest. It would be fun to play a new one with him now.

If they just take BF3/4 and reskin it as SW, I would be completely happy with that. Any additional changes for the better is just gravy IMHO.

Transformers, Call of Duty, Halo are the new Star Wars for this generation's youngsters

lots of younger kids love star wars. star wars toys sell more than anything else

I love star wars but i think its a dying brand.. even my boys don't care much for it.

even though i loved the battlefront games, i don't know if they will garner enough excitment in that type of game.. if you look at games like KOTOR vs Battlefront, you can see where the star wars brand should be focusing their effort :)

i am with the above though, time for a Kyle Katarn revisit

Well the franchise is kind of in a relative lull at the moment. You will likely see a resurgence in interest in the coming years as Disney starts to ramp up its Star Wars efforts.

they need to just let star wars rip. enough is enough. can't they or anyone create anything new???

Well considering Disney just paid billions for the franchise and is planning on launching a new wave of movies and other content I would wager that is highly unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future.

they need to just let star wars rip. enough is enough. can't they or anyone create anything new???

why? its an awesome universe with tons of potential...

star wars 1313 was the best looking game at e3 last year besides maybe watch dogs.

why? its an awesome universe with tons of potential...

star wars 1313 was the best looking game at e3 last year besides maybe watch dogs.

Uncharted: Star Wars did look like it could be pretty decent. Hopefully it turns up at some stage.

If they just take BF3/4 and reskin it as SW, I would be completely happy with that. Any additional changes for the better is just gravy IMHO.

I'm not, that would be a piece of shit.

Use Frostbite 3, yes, but the similarities should stop there.

Transformers, Call of Duty, Halo are the new Star Wars for this generation's youngsters

That makes me really sad because none of those franchises are anywhere near the greatness of Star Wars.

I realize this thread is old but some fucker dragged it back up. :D

The only way of getting a reboot is for some modders to get together and make one. Don't rely on Disney.

The battle on hoth is in you can see it on monitor in the trailer. I think I heard there will be planet to space battles. Meaning there will be ground war, then atmosphere on the planet, then outer space all seamless similar to start citizen and no man sky

Hoping we can pilot, board, and blow up star destroyers! Along with driving AT AT walkers

I really wish they would show some footage of this game besides what's been shown. I think at this time, the game is probably going to be Summer 2015 release I bet. If it was going to be sooner, I think we would be seeing a lot more footage of the game.

If I can shoot JarJar or Ewoks, I will be on this like Jabba on Leia.

im hoping we can wield light sabers as melee weapons! And there has to be a death star level, hoth level, and all the most popular scenes from the movies!

im hoping we can wield light sabers as melee weapons! And there has to be a death star level, hoth level, and all the most popular scenes from the movies!

You're in luck

Star-Wars-Battlefront-Gameplay-Teaser-E3-2014-26.jpg

Star-Wars-Battlefront-_2.jpg

those graphics look ridiculous everyone prepare for an upgrade when this is released, my guess is it will look nothing like these videos tho as usual lol

those graphics look ridiculous everyone prepare for an upgrade when this is released, my guess is it will look nothing like these videos tho as usual lol

Pc will. They will have to toneit down to probably medium settings for Xbone, medium to high for PS4, and PC will have the option of 1080,1440, 1600p.4K resolutions and Ultra settings. I don't see this game coming out till October 2015 right before the new movie. They only seem to have enough time to get a basic map set out like the first Battlefront. Of course like the Battlefield series I expect DLC paks. That's where Clone Wars and Space battles will come in.

And Dear lord do not include Jedi. Leave that for a separate game. Like a real Force Unleashed type.

Right but Im sure youve noticed. When a company releases early trailer footage its never as good looking as the final retail product...ala Dark soul 2

Right but Im sure youve noticed. When a company releases early trailer footage its never as good looking as the final retail product...ala Dark soul 2

He is trying to tell you quit comparing two different companys. Dice has never mislead me in the graphics department on any game they advertise. Yes BF4 was buggy as hell, but they never showed off graphics that were never not true to what we have been given or seen so far, all the way back to BF1942. Never have.

For the love of god leave the light saber crap out of battlefront. There are games for that. Jedi Academy was a good one.

Last edited:
Back