X99 Asus v.s. MSI vs. Asrock

I personalty have bad experience with MSI, as such I would stay away from them.
ASUS and ASrock are pretty good, Asrock has less brand but still they are doing pretty decent job these days coming up with innovative stuff.

Asus you pay the premium for having the brand! Someone has to pay for those marketing dollars :D

A friend of made just had his last build using the xtreme 4, pretty happy with the mobo in general. Fairly priced and apparently their bios are very complete, many options to tweak.

I personally love ASUS boards. Their boards and BIOSes are simply the best and their RMA/Customer Service department has really gotten so much better in the last few years. Their boards are always stable and have great OC ability. I would always pay a little more for ASUS, because well, you get what you pay for.

errr...I've also heard Asus RMA dropped a bit lately...should I consider Asrock or MSI?

@OP

Whoa there. Hold your horses. Methinks this RMA chit-chat is a bit of a red herring!! Are you looking for a manufacturer that is known for designing and producing boards with quality components, attention to detail, innovative ideas and styling that has been copied by just about everyone else? If so, then that is what Asus are famous for. As far as I'm aware, and based on personal experience and the observation of comments from Asus board users on this site and other forums, you would be pretty unlucky to receive a dud board requiring an RMA (regardless of whether their after-sales is good or bad).

Sorry if that looks like a rant. I'm actually a Gigabyte fan-boy (great boards too, but a real crappy and unfriendly UEFI interface). Back on topic now. You won't go far wrong with an Asus board. I feel that if you discount it as an option due to fear of a potential technical problem you might up with an inferior product. Cutting off your nose to spite your face, as they say!!

If It was me, and the choice was between MSI, ASRock and Asus, assuming they all met with your preferred specification, I would go for the Asus every time. My second choice would be a Gigabyte although I'd have to have a shot or two of whisky to calm myself before entering their UEFI satanic-style interface lol. Word on the street is that Gigabyte collaborated with Beelzebub for a truly demonic UEFI design.

Just my two cents :D (Not that I'm argumentative or nothin') :-p

Last edited:
Asus has a good reputation no doubt, but then you're talking about having exact specs and price, then you'd go with them. But in reality, their boards a bit more expensive...you are able to get Gigabyte or Asrock but pay less...

ASUS X99 boards suck but the X97 boards rock =)
I couldn't believe all the negative feedback on the New Egg forum for the top tire x99 boards.
You would think they had it down to a science just a socket change.

From what I understand, ASRock *is* ASUS -- it's their "let's have some fun" brand. I have three systems running ASRock boards, and have been using their boards for nearly 10 years. I've personally never had to RMA one of them. They've been a great bang for the buck.
Will you get "max OC" on them? Probably not. I've never had any OC'ing issues - then again I don't OC like I used to either.
I've had hit and miss with MSI, and for what every reason ASUS, especially Gigabyte (50/50). As always, your mileage may vary.

I went for Asrock Extreme 3 x99 for my haswell-e no complaints came in at 165 for the board rock solid.

Back