Nomination: DC'er of the Month - December 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocatello

DC Moderator and [H]ard DCOTM x6
Staff member
Who is worthy of this honor?

To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated.

More rules and policies are below.

Nominate the best and the brightest!

From the [H]ard|DCer of the Month - FAQ and [H]all of fame:

Q: What is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month?

Every month, the team gets a chance to choose someone they thought contributed greatly to the team, and give them a bit of recognition for it. At the begining of each month, a nomination thread is held. Here is your chance to nominate whoever you think deserves recognition. Someone can be nominated for any reason. It does not matter if they designed some massive piece of software to help the team in some way, or simply added a few boxen to ramp up their production.

Q: How do things work?

Nominations are held for 10 days starting on the 1st of each month. The nominated people move onto a poll and the Poll will be open for 10 days following the end of the nomination thread. The remaining part of the month is reserved for congratulating the winner and have fun. Same as before, vote for whoever you want, for whatever reaons you want. If there is a tie, a runoff will be held. After the winner is chosen, they are interviewed so the entire team can see what makes them tick.

For the [H]ard|DCer of the Year, there is no nominations thread because the only worthy candidates is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month winners for the current year. The poll to choose a winner is done in 2 steps : The first poll will include all 12 winners for the current year and we select only the best 4 winners which will participate in the next round. If there is a tie in the first 4 ranks, the tie winners will move together. In the second round, the one with the most votes will be declared the winner but if there is a tie, a runoff vote will be held. Each step will last 10 days.

Q: What does the winner get as prize?

Being that there is no cash flow funding the [H]ard|DCer award, there is only so much we can do in the way of prizes The [H]|DCers do not have a physical prize, but thanks to Kyle and the rest of the gang, we still have something to give winners. All winners will receive a custom title showing off their achievement.

Q: Are there any rules for this?

To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated.

Past winners cannot be nominated until one full year after they last won.

You cannot nominate yourself.

Hard DCer of the Year winners are excluded forever.

Any contestation or question about the nomination thread should be done via PM.

I nom 01010000 01100001 01110100 01110010 01101001 01101111 01110100 or also known as Patriot. This guy has to win eventually. I mean, how many times do I have to nominate him...lol

I don't know Gilthanis - if he were to actually win we wouldn't be able to nom him each month anymore. I think the streak will live on.

I nom 01010000 01100001 01110100 01110010 01101001 01101111 01110100 or also known as Patriot. This guy has to win eventually. I mean, how many times do I have to nominate him...lol

Don't forget to nominate Eagle07.

I'd like to nominate Tsumi for always providing correct answers and useful information whenever the opportunity arises. The hardware scene is always evolving and the knowledge Tsumi puts out for consumption by others with less experience can be relied on time and time again.

Respectfully,
Vort Max

I'd like to nominate Tsumi for always providing correct answers and useful information whenever the opportunity arises. The hardware scene is always evolving and the knowledge Tsumi puts out for consumption by others with less experience can be relied on time and time again.

Respectfully,
Vort Max

Hmmm does Tsumi Fold or Crunch I can not find anything on him in any of the stats for [H] ?

Respectfully,
Vort Max

Hmmm does Tsumi Fold or Crunch I can not find anything on him in any of the stats for [H] ?

Good question.

Who is Tsumi?

The real question is: "even though we have no clue who Tsumi is, could he/she beat Patriot?"

Let's find out!

Respectfully,
Vort Max

I don't think that Tsumi is eligible.

This is the DC sub-forum, and the nomination is for DC'er of the Month.

Tsumi has not posted in the DC sub-forum. I looked at his last 220 posts, and none were in the DC sub-forum.

My bad, I thought this was a site wide thing and misunderstood the title. Even though I read and reread the rules I obviously blew it. Sorry for the confusion, but I did have the best of intentions.

It's cool!

The DC stuff is only for those who DC. We have one of the best teams in the world! Kyle honors us with cool custom titles to recognize us for our efforts to kill cancer and other worthy causes. You are welcome to join us! Tell Tsumi he is welcome as well!

I still think Tsumi should be included .....

Is this award open to non-team members? If not, then that requires some kind of DC contribution under the team banner typically represented in results returned to show team affiliation. I have no problem adding this person in general, but if participation isn't needed, then it is an award that members of other teams could in essence win. We need to have an official stance on that point as I'm sure there are a lot more members of DC'ing projects that could be considered a greater contributor. Just my $.02.

I still think Tsumi should be included .....

What is your reasoning?

This is in the first post of this thread:

From the [H]ard|DCer of the Month - FAQ and [H]all of fame:

Q: What is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month?

Every month, the team gets a chance to choose someone they thought contributed greatly to the team, and give them a bit of recognition for it. At the begining of each month, a nomination thread is held. Here is your chance to nominate whoever you think deserves recognition. Someone can be nominated for any reason. It does not matter if they designed some massive piece of software to help the team in some way, or simply added a few boxen to ramp up their production.

How has Tsumi contributed to the team?

So I really need to jump team for some time ... My few SETI and GPUgrid points didn't impressed anyone in summer under [H]. Is folding still eligible ? Just switched my GPU rig to 33; of course, self nomination is against the rules ...

Last edited:
ChristianVirtual, it isn't just about points. It is over all contribution which includes forum activity, assistance given to others, guide building, bringing more people to the team, DC variety helps, pushing team challenges, etc... Your contribution to the team at any of the projects is appreciated. Getting nominated is typically done by those whom either notice or have a direct experience with the nominee. We can't just toss everyone up or else it degrades the award. There are many members whom have never been nom'd. However, it is those whom make the obvious contributions that get noticed the most. Folding is still eligible because it is still a DC project. I won't nominate more than one person a month because I feel if you nominate them, they better dang well get your vote. Some people use nominations more like a "shout out". I save those for the milestone threads. You will also find the selection of projects to influence nominations. GPUGrid is a good choice, but there are many that don't care about SETI. DIMES is another project that our team really doesn't believe much in, so only a hand full will run it. I don't see many people getting nominated for DIMES contributions unless you did a helpful guide or developed something the team needed.

So, keep crunching away and do your best. I'm sure with the right motivation and timing, your day will come.

And then some people use nominations to just antagonize people. Well, person. :D

... , it isn't just about points. It is over all contribution which includes forum activity, assistance given to others, guide building, bringing more people to the team, DC variety helps, pushing team challenges, etc... Your contribution to the team at any of the projects is appreciated. ....

Understood, and not well formulated in my post before (as usual) :( ... Switching to H is more an appreciation from me back to team 33 as source of knowledge and support. In here and out there ... :)

Oh, and I have the old good feeling of chasing and passing others in the ranks ... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back