Buy the tripath amp and a cheap headphone amp someone will list one.

Also can I buy your sub for price of shipping plus a little if you want?

Also worth noting that the dayton is fairly good, Just there are better options.
Another thing is that you will lose a bit of bass, Anything <80hz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL4QHH5Hhdg&feature=related

Not to bad.

Last edited:
just don't spend much money on this.

dorm speakers are a funny thing. the only reason for dorm speakers is to learn you don't need dorm speakers

I guess I should mention I use these headphones as well: Sennheiser PXC 350

So I need a tripath amp which connects my sound card to my satellite speakers, and then I'll need a headphone amp to connect my headphones to the triamp? Is that correct? Maybe I should just get a headphone amp and leave my edifiers at home altogether?

(Ps - manny - I've decided I'll keep my subwoofer at home until I return so I can use it again.)

Just go ahead and grab the dayton amp. Itll be fine i guess its worth the ability to have a all in one.

Its good, That is worth keeping, That is a very clear sub.

I guess those could be good, Something seems amis to me on them possibly the specs listing it goes down to 20hz, I dont think 20hz is a usable output on them. That and the tweeter looks fake.

When you get them post some pics and impressions please?

The whole point of dorm speakers is to annoy the shit out of everyone else, bring the sub!!!!!

The real reason why subs are annoying is because of bass humps due to the tuning of their design (passive radiators and ports result in box tuning), if the company tunes it on purpose to have a bass hump then even at low volumes your sub might play 40-50hz at TWICE (+6db) the volume of everything else. I like to think edifier does not do this. Logitech are infamous for doing this shit and as a result are the worst fucking company on the planet (my roommate had logitech speakers and seriously fuck logitech)

i've got a pyle amp and it drives two sony bookshelf speakers just fine, plus its rms power is pretty good, and it has a built in ac/dc adapter.

I have taken all of your suggestions into consideration and decided on the following:

Since I imagine I won't need speakers all that much in a dorm room, and I happen to already own a bose sounddock portable http://www.bose.ca/controller?event=DTC_LINKS_TARGET_EVENT&DTCLinkID=7792&dssourceid=k1638&src=k1638 which I planned on bringing anyways, i will simply hook my sound cards audio out straight into that thing. I can bring it outside and stuff too when I'm not using my computer. I will use headphones plugged into a long extension 3.5mm cord from the sound card as well. It's basically like buying a speaker set with a built in amp except I already own it :cool:

And im leaving the PS3/Xbox360 at home.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

How dare you use logic when making a purchasing decision! :)

I have taken all of your suggestions into consideration and decided on the following:

Since I imagine I won't need speakers all that much in a dorm room, and I happen to already own a bose sounddock portable http://www.bose.ca/controller?event=DTC_LINKS_TARGET_EVENT&DTCLinkID=7792&dssourceid=k1638&src=k1638 which I planned on bringing anyways, i will simply hook my sound cards audio out straight into that thing. I can bring it outside and stuff too when I'm not using my computer. I will use headphones plugged into a long extension 3.5mm cord from the sound card as well. It's basically like buying a speaker set with a built in amp except I already own it :cool:

And im leaving the PS3/Xbox360 at home.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Best decision don't be that guy. Enjoy college!

PS Also college girls don't know the difference between good and poor quality audio. You'll be fine :p

Back