Joined the Crunching [H]ard yesterday...

texinga

Limp Gawd
I'm not new here, read this forum just about every day and have had many pleasant experiences with this team over the years of Folding. I've learned a great deal too from people on this team and used your DC inventions (customized Linux packages, etc). While I don't Fold these days, I still Crunch (mainly WCG projects). Just wanted to pop-in, say "hi" and that I look forward to a long tenure here with people (and a team) that I have long respected.

I set my team names in the various Crunching Projects to HardOCP or [H]ard|OCP (where needed), but BOINCstats still thinks I have no team. Just joining yesterday, maybe the stats just haven't caught up yet. :D

Yeah... give BOINCStats a day or two to sync up. If you don't see them show up after a few days, you can go in and manually change them at BOINCStats. Keep us informed. And welcome to the team.

Welcome :) Most BOINC projects take 12 or 24 hours for updates to be pushed out to the various sites. That is my only 'grip' with BOINC is that the updates seem so infrequent compared to FAH.

Welcome :) Most BOINC projects take 12 or 24 hours for updates to be pushed out to the various sites. That is my only 'grip' with BOINC is that the updates seem so infrequent compared to FAH.

Not necessarily. Many projects update frequently. It is the stats sites that aren't updating often per se. Also, WCG does it twice a day for their stats page but multiple times a day if someone pulled it for their pages.

Hi Tex! I did see you show up in WCG yesterday, That was looking on FreeDC.

Thank-you all for the welcomes. Looks like the various sites have me aligned with this team. It is great to be here with you and it already feels like "home". :cool:

I'm not [H]'y enough! I am unworthy. Besides who's going to do the graphic design work for my team! ;)

Nothing saying you can't still help them. Sometimes it is good to prop another team up. :D

Whatever "[H]'y" is, I think I've had it in my genes for a long time! :D

Bill and Viper...you guys will always be "tops" in my book and EVGA is fortunate to have both of you. I'll still check up on you and I know that you are not strangers here either. Good stuff and see ya'll around the DC encampments.

Bill1024, you could come too and pull Viper97 with you. Then [H] could be fortunate to have you. ;)

Gil, that is something that I like about you...you're not shy about recruiting for the team! I'm getting [H]'y all over at the thought of it. :D

Seriously, good stuff that you are always pointing people to find a way to stay active in DC-land. My DC-map now says HardOCP all over it and there are lots of places for people to setup tent.

Who needs cookies when you can have beer and tamales.
OK, half of a beer. I was thirsty.

2012-03-23_19-50-44_61.jpg

Hey that's it (beer and tamales)...another of the perfect reasons to join this team! Now you've got me hungry and it is never too early for a tamale (and some say the same for beer too). :D

Welcome on board, glad you joined... (I have been lurking a lot at EVGA forums in the old FAH days) !

Back