Huawaei SpringBoard R.A.M. chip access?

DMJones

n00b
Can I remove/replace my tablet's R.A.M. chip?

Do you think, like old P.C.s with cheap O.E.M. R.A.M. chips routinely generating stops/I.R.Q.=/G.P.F.s/exception errors across any and all apps, being resolved with high quality (e.g. Crucial) R.A.M. upgrades, could my tablet's similar situation be fixed in the same way?

If not, is there any other possible solution to my tablet's continuous stops?

It has Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 and according to a diagnostic type app, it can upgrade all the way to Kit Kat - would that be advisable? Could you outline the entire upgrade process, like where to get Kit-Kat etc. (I've been using P.C.s since '79 but am brand new to tablets).

Also, how can I discover new apps? Like a PC Magazine top 100 list and categories, but for free?

Thanks for any help here, great forum.

Last edited:
You can't upgrade integral components of a tablet, or any of the new portables like that. They are all in one integrated devices. If one is failing, the only solution is to have it fixed or most likely by the vendor/store. Barring that, the only answer is to buy a new device if it really is a hardware failure. I would definitely take it to let someone look at it before coming to that judgement, though.

Generally the update process is done through the system/setting icon/applet; On my KitKat 4.4.2, its Settings|More|About Software. From there (where ever there is for your Huawei) it should be fairly straghtforward following the prompts and should update without needing to do anything special. Hopefully an update will help with the crashes.

With mobile apps, there isn't anything like a single standard list any more; there are millions of apps. I tended to go to the Google Play store and look for things I knew from iOS or just looking around. Hopefully other people can recommend some websites to help ease you in.

I remember looking into a RAM upgrade for my Windows Mobile 5/6 Dell Axim x51v, about 8 years ago

http://forum.brighthand.com/threads/upgrade-an-axim-x51v-to-128-mb-of-ram.217119/

it is possible given the correct params (device/SoC can actually support the newer capacity of RAM, you have a compatible RAM hardware to replace with, you find a company willing to do the procedure)

Back then, there were very few capable smartphone/devices, and the x51v was top of the line. Nowadays, devices are treated a lot more "disposable", so I doubt it'll be cost-effective to do it now

I can only find: Location Services/Settings;System;About Tablet, from there I can System Updates (Google Services) - which only indicates its up to date/Check Now, or Update from S.D. Card. otherwise I remain stumped. Thanks for any help and these replies.

Back