Seasonic X-1050 voltage weirdness.

Zyklon808

Gawd
Ok, take a look at this screen shot. I don't have a digital or analog voltmeter, nor do I know anyone who has one.
2wfqwev.jpg

Do those voltages look even remotely right? PSU is brand new, like two weeks old.

Yeah... your computer wouldn't even be running with voltages like that. That's why software readings are very unreliable.

All I own is one of those psu tester deals to test. Would that give me something I can use?

If you know the tester gives good numbers, then it should be fine. Otherwise, a $15 multimeter will do the trick, and it has other uses.

Nope. Well, depends on the tester. Most simply turn it on. If your computer is running, that means that voltages are currently within acceptable ranges.

Nope. Well, depends on the tester. Most simply turn it on. If your computer is running, that means that voltages are currently within acceptable ranges.

Riiiiiight.... It's plenty possible for the computer to be "running" and not in acceptable ranges at the same time. Doubly possible for a computer to be running and getting periodic spikes from the PSU.

Both scenarios won't cause short term damage but will kill components over the long term.

I said nothing about ripple or spikes. And the Seasonic platform is a good one.

Besides, if 3.3v was really at 2v dipping to 0.4v and 5v was really at 3.3v, that computer wouldn't even be running.

Back