new member questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

st0n3r

n00b
Do you really want members to spam posts to just get a post count up? Ive been a member here for awhile, just browse and dont post much.

Cant post anything in the F/S threads, cant reply to items there. Have a VERY established Heatware account, EVGA as well.

I can understand someone with 0 feedback from any of the major forums, but requiring people to post 100 useless posts to pad their count seems redundant.

Spamming just to get into the FS/FT forum will get you banned. You're expected to be a contributing (i.e. actually posting things with useful and helpful content) member of the community to participate in the FS/FT section. The idea is that someone who is part of a community will be less likely to be a troll trying to rip it off.

which is why i said that if someone is an established member with perfect feedback and other popular associated forums it seems kind of pointless and just drives people away. Ive lurked here and browsed awhile, but since I cannot try to buy or sell anything here it kind of just drives me back to other sites that Ive been on for 10 years.

You have seven pasts in ~1.5 years, and two of those posts are in this thread. Is it really driving you away if you never really posted to begin with?

I can see your point, however if the FSFT forum here is for contributing members, you aren't one of those yet.

exactly. I come here looking for items to buy or sell and what not. Ive had to have other members post items here for me that have been sold, and people bought for me.

like i said, i understand the post count for people that are completely unknown for everyone protection but it just drives people to other places without such heavy restrictions on established members of the PC community.... OH well

The FS/FT form is intended as a perk for those who post here regularly, not for those who simply wish to profit from the forum while contributing very little or nothing to the community. If it's the only thing you're here for you should probably find an alternate forum that's more in line with your interests.

actually have done many many deals on craigslist, not a bad place if you are somewhat of an intelligent person. Just no feedback system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back