Just bought me an iphone 5s

munkle

[H]F Junkie
I got a pretty good deal on a new iphone 5s that is cheaper than a used iphone 5s. I've been hankering to give the iphone a test drive ever since they got different keyboards (I won't use a phone that doesn't have swype). If I don't like it I can always sell it and break even easily if I want to sell it fast, or make some money if I give it some time. Using itunes used to be a deal breaker but I gained access to an unlimited data plan on verizon so I stream all my music so its not a big deal any more.

Cool story

I use copy trans manager. iTunes free since iPhone 1

I didn't like any of the custom keyboards in iOS. They didn't work all that well when I used them the first time, and the last time I used them it still just didn't work as well as the stock one. It may have been because the default iOS keyboard is already pretty great though.

5S was a great phone I had it for a solid year before moving to the next iPhone and handed it down to a sibling. I'm pretty fond of the stock keyboard (with bloard) as I never used any custom keyboards like swype when I was on Android.

Enjoy your phone!

I also use swype on all my iOS devices, works very well and well integrated.

Good phone. Had mine for around two years now and don't see myself upgrading anytime soon. The 4-inch size of it is just about perfect, in my opinion.

I know my dad has been and he's on a 5s. To counter the problem he had to get one of those mophie cases just to last 3/4 of the day.

Any of you guys getting massive battery drain from the last ios 9.2 update?

I ended up buying my wife a Mophie battery case because her 5S drains very quickly....However I have a 5S for work that I carry around in addition to a 6 and the 5S seems to last quite a bit longer then my 6. Though I do have Bluetooth turned on on the 6.

But my wifes can completely drain within 12 hours. Has been like that since new though.

Thanks I did a little bit of reading online and it seems the ios 9 update cause battery drain on any idevice running it. Supposedly the 9.2 update fixed this issue.

I've gone back to my nexus 6, my only big complaints were the size (which could be solved by a newer iphone) and apple maps was terrible, the worst, using it seriously traumatized me, I really don't think I have ever been so frustrated with an app in my life (I wanted to go with a mostly apple experience so I used it instead of google maps). Generally I prefer how android goes about things, which doesn't make ios bad just different, I used it just fine for a few weeks. Bluetooth seemed alot more reliable on the iphone than any other android device I have had which was nice, standby time is quite a bit better than android, even 6.0 with doze.

Last edited:
Back