Using a HDTV as the monitor?(resolutions or frames don't match)

Butter

Limp Gawd
I'm considering using large flat screen for my gaming needs, but I have had issues with my window being cutoff(Can't see the top portion and task bar). Granted I have a 720p panasonic, but I've tried this on my cousin's 1080p Samsung 42 inch, and the picture still gets cut off.

I can't find a thread about this, so I was wondering if there's settings I can change that will help make it so the edge of the picture matches the edge of the TV.

That's called overscan. It's something TVs used to have to do back in the days of analog to make sure there wasn't any empty space, noise lines, etc. It was essentially a margin of error. It's still used though for some ungodly reason (likely because not everything is truly digital).

Long story short, look in the TVs menu and see if you settings for overscan and setting for the aspect raito. You;re looking to turn the overscan off and looking to change the aspect ratio to 1:1 pixel mapping/just scan/any of the other hundred names it's called. Not all TVs can do either of those things though. You also need to make sure that your video card's control panel isn't trying to overscan the image. Both the TV and the PC need to be running at the TV's native aspect ratio. Don't assume that it's 720p or 1080p just because that's the type of set you bought. Some TVs were sold as "ready" and "capable" and actually had lower resolution screens in them.

On Samsung's the feature is called Just Scan. Set it to that mode, no overscan. You then also need to check on your video card, as they too are capable of overscan, and make sure it is not doing it (usually is a slider to control how much). That'll get you 1:1 pixel mapping.

Also you can look under the AMD CCC video driver to under scan the picture to fit. I have a similar problem, with my HD TV, but it would under scan instead. It was the driver causing the problem.

Yeah, under HDTV tab in CCC there is an overscan button that you can adjust

Back