Best 24" Monitor ?

Ya2

n00b
I'm a hardcore gamer and it's time to buy a new monitor.

If money is not a problem, what's the BEST 24" monitor on the market today for gaming ?

(not sure if it should be 16:9 or 16:10..)

if you really want BEST then your only option is to search ebay (or similar site) for Sony GDM-FW900 in good condition :)

Dick response: Yo dude, there's literally 15 threads asking the same thing in the next 3 pages of this forum.

Nice response: You have a few choices to make.

Glossy/Matte
16:9/16:10
60hz/120hz

Glossy/Matte is entirely your preference.

The resolution debate has been beaten to death; but unfortunately, 1080p is winning out, and I don't think we'll see many more monitors that have the better resolution (16:10). You can still get some, but don't expect to get one in 120hz for example.

120hz is also synonymous with 3D gaming - not required but enabled if you so choose. 120hz will make games more fluid and such; However, you MUST have a computer capable of rendering ideally @120fps constant. This type of monitor is really suited for FPS junkies.

Having given a brief overview I'll now give you my suggestions:
120hz Glossy: VG268HE - Comes without 3D glasses, price likely to drop at end of month when VG278H releases. The 'E' on the model number excludes the 3D vision kit.

120hz Matte: I personally like the BenQ Xl2410T, although some disagree and say go with the Planar SA2311W.

60hz Matte: LG W2442PA I only know what the review tells me, and based on NCX's blunt and concise posting record, coupled with his in depth and elaborate reviews, I'd have to say he knows his shit when it comes to monitors.

60hz Glossy: I'm fairly certain I'd go with an IPS monitor in this instance, but I haven't given them much research. They are slower that's for sure, but they are also more vibrant and reproduce better/more colors. There are plenty of IPS threads, and I'm sure someone will chime in with the correct model for gaming, I believe there are 2 appropriate (also one is 16:9)

That should get you started.

Last edited:
you must try this LG D2342. Its brandy new and awesome:)
Its a bit smaller than 24" but doesnt have black screen so, it looks large. U must be happy with this.
Also, this one has been degiened to have more reality.

I linked this for you. you have to check it out
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1640562

Last edited:
Back