A10-7870K Temps & Monitoring?

Ghozur

n00b
Hey all, I just set up an A10-7870K with a MSI A88 uITX board. I did a bit of looking around on the net and wound up grabbing HWMonitor since it's from the guys who make CPU-z. Anything better like a CoreTemp for AMD or anything?

So I decided to run some stress tests to look at temps. The CPU section is reporting the package temp is going up into the almost 90c range! :eek: But the mobo TempIn0 is reporting under 60c.

I'm getting full 3.9Ghz core speeds so it doesn't seem to be throttling and at those temps I'd expect throttling. So I'm going to guess the Mobo is the correct temp? Which makes me wonder where the crazy high package temp is coming from?

Thanks!

Find AMD overdrive utility, it tells you the thermal margin (distance to Tjmax) and is probably the most accurate you can find for these chips.

aod.jpg

Thanks LigTsam! Taking a look at it, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks LigTsam! Taking a look at it, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Yeah, its the only one that works reliably on my Athlon 860K. HWmon shows -7*C and coretemp doesn't even work, speedfan usually shows about 20*C low and one of the other ones shows package temp which is also not accurate. Sometimes I wish AMD would just start using a proper temp sensor like Intel.

Back