GTX 970 costs exactly $550 for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trackr

[H]ard|Gawd
I moved to Israel to be with family. I love this place. But it's absolutely awful when it comes to the price of electronics.

I'm not gloating or anything. I realize it's the same for many other countries.

I just wanted to put this in perspective for you guys. I checked out a few sites here today and what do you know.. exactly $550..

When you're choosing between the 'cheap' GTX 970 and the 'expensive' GTX 980.. know that I can choose between the expensive GTX 970 and the super-expensive GTX 980.

:(

Wait for replenished stocks at Amazon.com and see the sort of deals on offer.

Hey at least you don't live on Mount Everest, I'd hate to see what the shipping costs are there :D

Nah, if I were on Mount Everest, I'd take a couple of Fermis with me for heat :D

Wait for replenished stocks at Amazon.com and see the sort of deals on offer.

It makes almost no difference.

Taxes alone to Israel are $70. Even if I get a good price, I'm looking at $40 shipping at the least.

In same boat... in EU,but not in euro zone, that means prices are bad. Even if I find cheaper deal in Germany or UK shops, the transport costs (luckily no VAT/customs inside EU) kills the price difference. Getting from states? If it's below $150 it's "only" 23%VAT and shipping. If it's over $150, it's also custom tax added.

Speaking not of warranty issues, to send stuff abroad and wait till it repaired or denied :) It's sometimes not worth the hassle, because you might get less than 10 euro off the purchase from abroad.

Everyone but the US is fucked when it comes to prices of... pretty much anything.

p.s. Why did you move to this Nazionist hellhole man :rolleyes:

Excuse, are you the Polish CPM player Morgoth from "We meat again" :D

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. None of us need a 900 series card so don't buy one. Buy a used card in a few months.

Everyone but the US is fucked when it comes to prices of... pretty much anything.

Nope, never played that game.

And it's not also the problem with prices, it's the problem of pays. With most of goods in US cheaper than in my country, your minimum wages there are higher than average pay in here :) Still, we manage to live, and buy us nice tech gadgets and stuff :)

That might be true. I was trying to put things in perspective for the community here, which I'm pretty sure is mostly American.

Uh.. what?? I moved to Israel, lol. The land of the Jews. Basically the opposite of anything Nazi.

That might be true. I was trying to put things in perspective for the community here, which I'm pretty sure is mostly American.

Uh.. what?? I moved to Israel, lol. The land of the Jews. Basically the opposite of anything Nazi.

Fair enough (perspective).

And.... I will assume the guy calling Israel that was a young teen, probably drunk, intending to troll. Because if he was serious, I truly weep for humanity some days.... :p.

Fair enough (perspective).

And.... I will assume the guy calling Israel that was a young teen, probably drunk, intending to troll. Because if he was serious, I truly weep for humanity some days.... :p.

Yeah, I mean.. I remember when I still lived in New York and I was getting ready to order my parts for my 980X/GTX 480 SLi rig and it came down to $3,000 and I was like "Dear God"..

Now a days.. I have some serious perspective on the issue.

Wait.. you think he was actually referring to Israel as a 'Nazionist hellhole'?? Why?

I mean, I get that there are people who don't much care for Jews, but aren't they usually the Nazis, as in Neo-Nazis. Calling Israelis Nazis.. where did that come from?

Wait.. you think he was actually referring to Israel as a 'Nazionist hellhole'?? Why?

I mean, I get that there are people who don't much care for Jews, but aren't they usually the Nazis, as in Neo-Nazis. Calling Israelis Nazis.. where did that come from?

That's what he said, in response to you saying you moved to Israel he wrote:

:mad:

A play on the word Nazi with Zionist in a pathetic attempt to equate the Israeli defense of their homeland with the Nazi attempt to exterminate the Jews.

AND, before a thread about how expensive video cards are in other countries ends up closed or in soapbox...

Is it an exchange rate thing? Tariff or taxes? I'm pretty sure NVIDIA isn't targeting smaller countries for higher profit. Are they?

I think he meant nationalist. Israel is one of the most hard hatted nationalist countries in the world.

That's what he said, in response to you saying you moved to Israel he wrote:

:mad:

I just figured he misread..

I think he meant nationalist. Israel is one of the most hard hatted nationalist countries in the world.

Hated..? For what?

A play on the word Nazi with Zionist in a pathetic attempt to equate the Israeli defense of their homeland with the Nazi attempt to exterminate the Jews.

AND, before a thread about how expensive video cards are in other countries ends up closed or in soapbox...

Is it an exchange rate thing? Tariff or taxes? I'm pretty sure NVIDIA isn't targeting smaller countries for higher profit. Are they?

Wow, I'm stunned that someone would think that of Israel..

But yeah, back on topic..

I have wondered that for many years. Well, basically since we moved here in 2011.

The prices here are LITERALLY what you would charge if you personally went to the US, bought a GTX 970, paid customs and taxes and then sold it for profit.

It can't be a tax problem because these cards are all manufactured in China.

So, the problem, logically, could only be that nVidia is selling these cards to international vendors at the same cost that US vendors charge their customers.

I manged to find a cheaper version of the GTX 970 - $475. Though, it's only a pre-launch price as (for some reason) the cards won't arrive until 3 weeks from now..

Basically, I've got to have someone send me a GTX 970 from the states, pay shipping, pay taxes, wait two weeks.. or, buy a GTX 970 here and pay the same amount in 3 weeks but have warranty.

:rolleyes:

Hated..? For what?

He said hard-hatted, not hated. Hard-hat: a conservative who is intolerant of opposing views (LINK).

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just clarifying.. hope you enjoy your new 970! :)

He said hard-hatted, not hated. Hard-hat: a conservative who is intolerant of opposing views (LINK).

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just clarifying.. hope you enjoy your new 970! :)

Mhm, that's odd. I consider people critical of Israel to be 'hard-hatted'.

Thanks! I mean, I won't have it for 3 weeks, but thanks.

Mhm, that's odd. I consider people critical of Israel to be 'hard-hatted'.

Thanks! I mean, I won't have it for 3 weeks, but thanks.

Being critical of Israel is hard-hatted? :p

I feel ya on the prices on cards. I'm only in Canada and I can't find any GTX 970s for less than $379.99 + tax, + shipping if I order online. The CDN $ isn't that weak against the USD but... $329 reference 970 USD comes to about $360. Aftermarket cooled cards here are reaching $500 CDN!!

Myself I just paid $409 for a 970 SSC ACX 2.0 and was told anywhere from 5 to 20 business days wait :mad: Pretty well anywhere but the USA gets shafted from varying degrees of ow that hurts to here's my mortgage.

This thread seems to have veered off the road and crashed....how bout we let it die in peace..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back