Help Wanted: $$ Reward for Data Recovery On iPad 1st Gen.

CMadki4

Supreme [H]ardness
[H]ello all,

I'm in need of some reputable assistance in recovering data on a factory restored 1st generation iPad.

When the iPad was to change hands from my wife to my mother-in-law the iPad was prematurely subjected to a factory restore before proper backup.

I am specifically concerned with recovering the notes, which my wife made during the first year of my daughter's being. Through a free data recovery software I was able to recover everything except for 0-4 months.

Is there a reliable method to recover that data after a factory reset?

- it was not backed up to iTunes
- it was not backed up to iCloud

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am also considering an award to any reputable forum member with heatware and forum references/history who can successfully recover these notes.

Thank you kindly!

Notes: Yes, this thread is Kyle-approved. And yes, I realize the iPad should have been properly backed up from day 1. Moving on :)

I'm prepared to offer a substantial cash reward for anyone who can successfully recover these notes.

It sounds as if you may already know this, but be sure to not use the device until you are ready to recover more files. Doing so may overwrite what is there, but inaccessible.

Good luck!

You need to send it away and have it disassembled by someone who can desolder the flash chips and connect them to a reader if you were unable to recover what you need using software. This is not a task a hobbyist can do, and you should seek the help of a professional service. As others have said, do not use or even power on the device until you have the data you want, lest the remains of your data get overwritten by new/updated files. Rather than a "substantial cash reward" just expect to pay a fee of at least a few hundred bucks minimum to have a professional attempt a recovery.

Back