Now that you got your iPhone 6 ...

jimh425

Gawd
Now that you got your iPhone 6 of 6 plus, how are you liking it?

Last edited:
My boss got his. The first thing he said to me was "feels like I entered 2012" lol. He was pumped and played with his 5s all day. I haven't seen the 6 at all

I personally went from the 5 to the LG g3 and it's amazing

Not overly impressed. My new 6 is a nice phone, but feels like more of the same, which is what the vast majority of iPhone users want. That's great... for them. I'm bored with the design and interface. Problem for me is that the other top phones from Android/Windows aren't anything special, either. For now, I'm returning the 6 and will ride with my 5s.

Don't return it...sell it...........................

i got to use one today at the at&t store.
not impressed, the design is alright, but nothing to go bonkers over. and ios is the same thing.
felt like i was using my iphone 5.
hype was not real.

I got mine... I like it a lot. It's a nice size in the hand.. screen is finally a reasonable size. While it's nothing to go crazy over it's a good upgrade imo so I will be keeping mine.

Love it so far. Thinkorswim and vitalhub are so much nicer with the extra screen space on the 4.7" screen.

my only minor complaint about the phone is the decision to move the lock button to the top of the device.. but only because I keep looking for it there... this phone (the 4.7) in all other ways is a good leap forward from the iphone5 I used for 2 years... I realize the form factor is just catching up to the industry standard now but better late than never.

I bought an iPhone 6, not an iPhone 6 Plus.

So far, it's an adjustment. Philosophically I disagree with the larger sizes, because the device gets less mobile the larger it gets. The 4'' screen of my iPhone 5 was perfect, IMO. That said, I've gotten used to the 4.7'' screen, and I do appreciate the benefits of the higher resolution, even if I don't think it needs to exist. I also find myself needing to stop and look for the sleep/wake button now that it's no longer on the top of the phone. Five years of finger memory is tough to overcome, but I'll manage.

Battery life seems a little bit better than my iPhone 5, though it's tough to tell without putting the phone through a full day at work.

The phone hardware itself is fantastic. The rounded edges make gripping a little more comfortable, just like the original iPhone design. The light feel and the segmented backing remind me of the iPad mini. Touch ID is excellent (this is my first Apple device with Touch ID). The camera lives up to the hype. Physically, this is an awesome chunk of metal. I'm even OK with the bulging camera lens; Apple can't change the laws of physics.

Basically, aside from the screen size, I'm really digging the phone. Everything here is a nice leap forward. I just wish there was a 4'' version.

Not overly impressed. My new 6 is a nice phone, but feels like more of the same, which is what the vast majority of iPhone users want. That's great... for them. I'm bored with the design and interface. Problem for me is that the other top phones from Android/Windows aren't anything special, either. For now, I'm returning the 6 and will ride with my 5s.

I feel the same way.

I went to the Apple store last night to check one out. Feels like a Note 2, which I already had in 2012. Nothing special.
Also the phone looks unfinished compared to my 5S. Apple needs to try harder.
If all you ever used was an iPhone is hard to notice that the 6 isn't anything new.

As for the Note 4, really nothing that truly set it apart from the Note 2 besides specs that most would not notice.
This year has been very boring for phone tech.

I'll wait for the 6S, hopefully it will look more refined and offer something new.

Should have my 6+ on Tuesday

I had to stop by Bestbuy yesterday and got a chance to play around with the in-store demos and overall, I was pretty impressed. The size is pretty large, but the double tap to shrink the screen worked wonderfully. I could see that being used a lot for one handed operation.

Overall though, it's not a giant upgrade over previous iPhones in that it's not bringing much to the table, at least in a tangible way you'd immediately notice (besides the large screen). The little things though (much better camera/OIS, increased battery life, touchID, ApplePay and much better readability) make it a nice upgrade IMO.

For what I use my phone for (text messaging, games/applications, web browsing, etc) it will be a noticeable improvement.

Reading some of the comments here, I have to wonder what you guys think constitutes a sufficiently advanced upgrade. Apple damn near everything compared to the iPhone 5s, and that isn't enough?

I can't wait for Yosemite to come out; Handoff is going to be incredible.

Reading some of the comments here, I have to wonder what you guys think constitutes a sufficiently advanced upgrade. Apple damn near everything compared to the iPhone 5s, and that isn't enough?

I can't wait for Yosemite to come out; Handoff is going to be incredible.

Reading the spec sheet and the larger screen, yes you can see differences.
Owning a 5S with iOS8, besides the screen, the phone functions exactly the same.
No hand gestures, stylus, eye detection etc., nothing except Apple Pay is exclusive to the 6.

I upgraded from a Galaxy S3. It's a good time for me to upgrade, and I'm connected across the board into the apple ecosystem now (laptop/primary computer, iPad tablet, iPhone 6, Apple TV, and even have my time machine backups going to one of my servers off-site). I like how everything ties together seamlessly - I can answer texts here on my keyboard or turn around and answer on my phone... which seems to be something the others just don't have yet. I think the biggest feature for me that I didn't realize I was going to enjoy so much is the Touch ID - really convenient for someone that has all but two passwords tucked away in 1password exclusively. Reachability is okay but not a huge feature on the 6 - for the 6 plus I can see it being worthwhile. Overall I'm really happy with the purchase. Also the button layout is exactly the same as my last phone so it's perfect, though the headphone jack on bottom is a change I'm not certain about.

yz6uFAj.jpg

Just found this, so I had to :)

That chart must have been made by a "cool guy". I feel so uncool right now.

Upgrading from a Moto X to the 6. Love the size of the device in my hand. I wish it was a bit shorter but that wouldn't make much of a difference in my hand, just my pocket. I definitely feel obligated to put a case on this thing I have never felt with any of my droid phones. Getting used to ios is definitely the biggest hurdle. Battery life seems crappy right now so I need to read up on how to lengthen the life of it. I use my phone pretty much all work day to play music and it seems like it will make it through my first work day without dying.

I bought an iPhone 6, not an iPhone 6 Plus.

So far, it's an adjustment. Philosophically I disagree with the larger sizes, because the device gets less mobile the larger it gets. The 4'' screen of my iPhone 5 was perfect, IMO. That said, I've gotten used to the 4.7'' screen, and I do appreciate the benefits of the higher resolution, .

the 5, 5s and 6 are the same 720p

only the 6 plus got 1080p so the 6 is still 2010 territory

5 and 5S are 1136x640 so not even 720p. The 6 is 1334x750. Obviously not a huge difference but it allows it to keep the same pixel density. Only the 6+ is 1080p. I wouldn't mind a 1080p screen on the 6 but it would need to be thicker and have a bigger battery, that said the 6 screen is crisp enough for my use and my eyes.

the 5, 5s and 6 are the same 720p

only the 6 plus got 1080p so the 6 is still 2010 territory

At least android has that going for it. Looking at the benchmarks of the new iPhones, android needs to be first at something ;) lol

5 and 5S are 1136x640 so not even 720p. The 6 is 1334x750. Obviously not a huge difference but it allows it to keep the same pixel density. Only the 6+ is 1080p. I wouldn't mind a 1080p screen on the 6 but it would need to be thicker and have a bigger battery, that said the 6 screen is crisp enough for my use and my eyes.

Having used both side by side, you'd be hard pressed to tell a difference IMO

Just ordered the Gold 64gb iPhone 6 through Verizon. Should be here on Wednesday.

I'm talking about screen size, not resolution.

The 6's screen is a huge improvement, quality-wise. Nice try with the 2010 jab, but it's not factual.

pretty sure "and I do appreciate the benefits of the higher resolution" means your talking about resolution as the 720p / 750p is moot and the DPI on the "retina display" is still sub par compared to Android of years past. you do understand the difference from 750p and 4.7" right?

not factual? 720p has been around a few years, perhaps not back to 2010 but its a few generations old, but its the PPI that gives you the clear image and 750p is ok for that on a 4.7 but not great

shame you need to step up to the phablet to get the good battery life and camera along with 1080p

pretty sure "and I do appreciate the benefits of the higher resolution" means your talking about resolution

I'm pretty sure that I, being the author of my own post, am a better reference as to what it addresses than you are.

shame you need to step up to the phablet to get the good battery life and camera along with 1080p

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Quit while you're behind.

I'm pretty sure that I, being the author of my own post, am a better reference as to what it addresses than you are.

You specifically said resolution and not screen size...

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Quit while you're behind.

The 6+ does have better battery life, camera and 1080P.

I'm just reading through this thread and honestly you're not making much sense.

Back