Looking for a new mouse

Psycrow

Gawd
Hi

I am looking for a new mouse since my old mouse wont last forever, so i need to look for a save exit mouse :D

My current mouse is a sudden attack from steel series and is out of stock and date.

But i have some request for the new mouse.

1 : It has to have the dpi settings were i can adjust from 1 to ect + 5200 meaning i can adjust it to be like 550 or 575 or 333 dpi if want a slow mouse. Cuz most of the mouse has a +200 loop slide option so you only can pick like 200+400+600+800....+ 5200 and then you can fine adjust other sliders but its not the same like adjustment from 1 to + 5200

2 : I dont need to have 10+ bottons that is instant pressed just holding it...i hate that.
atm i have 2 side bottons and that is actualy enough since i dont need to dial anywere or call anyone with my mouse :p

3 : I hate mouse that clicks to loud so the neighbors complains.

And no wireless or trackball or google eye finger touchy stuff...

I looked at the naus 8200 and the Naga and the roocat xtd..they are no go

Corsair M45. The optical sensor in it is the most accurate optical sensor at the moment.

I love it, and I have tried every mouse ever made.

Get a pair of Refurbished Steelseries Rivals I have three of them...

It's optical and the software is awesome...

I just spent hours researching this since my FK1 broke.
The M45 has the second-best sensor on the market, along with the Steelseries Rival and a few others (PMW3310H). The absolute best on the market is the PMW3366DM, and only the Logitech G502 has it.
I'll let you know how I like it when it arrives in a couple days.

Logitech G502 is my current favorite. Best sensor I've ever used and it's almost as comfortable as my beloved DeathAdder.

I have been looking on the Refurbished Steelseries Rivals it just looks wierd with the rubber dots on the sides...is it realy that good ?..i heard the rubber it wears off fast.

The PMW3366DM might have some great chips and what not..but i tryed it in a store and i never had my hand on something so bad my entire life..all the loose bottons..when i hold then i presed all the bottons at once...just holding it.

The Corsair M45 was my second choise...but i want to know..can you adjust both the steelserie and the corsair mouse with 1 dpi pr adjustment or do they also have +200 dpi pr adjustment..if you move the sliders do they go 200 pr slide or 1 ? so i can adjust it to ech 333 dpi ?

Logitech G502 is my current favorite. Best sensor I've ever used and it's almost as comfortable as my beloved DeathAdder.

Second this, I love my G502. The only qualm I have with it is that the feet wear down rather quickly >.<

Just got mine today, been playing around with it.

PALZByL.jpg

Wow, this sensor is responsive. I've got it on the second-lowest setting and it's still flying across my 4k desktop. The Zowie has a nice sensor, but this is easily better.
Weight-wise it's almost identical to the R.A.T, and about 50% heavier than the Zowie. Wish it was a bit lighter, but it's forgivable given the features and metal wheel.

Said scrollwheel is far, far better than the FK1- right up there with the R.A.T. Really like the free-spinning ratchet system and etched grip lines.
Side buttons are well-placed, the sniper button is a lot more accessible than on the R.A.T.

The surface feels much like the FK1, but a bit less grippy on the tops. The right side has a nice rubberized texture, but I wish more makers would sculpt it into a pinky-rest like the R.A.T.
I use a palm grip most of the time, so it's probably a bit more comfy for claw users.

All in all, best mouse I've ever used. Definitely worth 55 bucks. I also own the Deathadder, Imperator, and Diamondback mice, so feel free to ask for any comparison between those.

That mouse on the right is scary it looks like a robot.

That's a Cyborg R.A.T 7 6400dpi, from before MadCatz bought them out and cheapened their product line. It's the most customizable mouse I've ever used!

Has swappable palm/pinky rests, and a built-in allen wrench system to adjust the thumb rest angle and position. Honestly a great mouse, I'd still be using it if the sensor wasn't buggy. They are prone to randomly jumping across the screen while lifting.

Here's another shot with a Deathadder and Imperator for comparison:
otg7f0l.jpg

Mann you own a lot of mice :D

but i strill dislike the logitech...to sensetive for me

Also who owns the steelserie rival mouse and can tell me how much you adjust the dpi to ?

I realy need a good mouse and i want it to be Thé mouse !

Logi's software allows you to customize the DPI sensitives to any value you want all the way up to 12000 dpi for G502. It also has flash ROM that you can save the DPI settings to the mouse directly.

You can save up to 3 profiles, and within each profile up to 5 different DPI settings. You can also reprogram each button, or even assign keyboard macro's to them.

I do not have enough experience in other mouse unfortunately. I have either used cheap brand mice, or used Logitech. I am a huge sucker for their blue/black color scheme, and I have heard of them as mouse maker for longer than any other brands.

ok thx but still i wont buy the G502..i realy dont understand how people can deal with all these lose bottons that insta presses when you put your hand on the mouse.

If you want the same sensor performance of the G502 but with a less is more approach, the G303 that just came out is on sale now on both the Egg and Amazon at a price point I feel is closer to what the mouse should be at.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826197036
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TKFD51M/?tag=extension-kb-20

I have average large hands and I find it comfortable. Surprisingly since I am a hybrid claw/palm gripper and this mouse looks strictly finger or claw grip only. I'm coming from a DeathAdder 3.5G and while I was worried about comfort, (I can say while definitely different in form) it feels great. I especially like the materials and surfaces over the 3.5G I had though this is not the newest Chroma version that you'd probably compare with.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hmm that mouse also look great..does it have a flat side or is it holes with these shapes ?

Hmm about the SteelSeries Rival..is that bad that it dont has this "braidet wire"

I bought a Razer Naga and a Razer DeathAdder off eBay for $20 each - impatiently waiting for over 2 days for the sellers to ship....

It's flat but slanted inwards at an angle, as you go down the mouse it becomes narrower from the middle forward area while the middle rear is rounded and fatter in comparison. I considered the Rival but was really worried about it's finish being sub par in longevity from what I read online. IE the thumb rubber area apparently always wear out, and rather fast too.

ok thx but still i wont buy the G502..i realy dont understand how people can deal with all these lose bottons that insta presses when you put your hand on the mouse.

You can disable those buttons if you wished.

But also because I have small thumb, and my last three mice had been ones with side buttons. I initially had a problem with those buttons as well, and it was annoying me, but eventually I learned to avoid them, and have started to actually use them now.

Nothing was more annoying than the alt tab button on the performance MX though, I'll give it that.

It's flat but slanted inwards at an angle, as you go down the mouse it becomes narrower from the middle forward area while the middle rear is rounded and fatter in comparison. I considered the Rival but was really worried about it's finish being sub par in longevity from what I read online. IE the thumb rubber area apparently always wear out, and rather fast too.

Yeah, the slant was placed awkwardly IMO, I was waiting on the G303 to come out here as well because I thought the DPI profile button on the side of G502 was going to the main deal breaker. Then I tried G302 (which uses the same chassis as G303), and the 'bend' on the side of the mouse felt weird. Not uncomfortable, just weird was I am used to having mice that covers my entire palm, or use mice that are too small to fit my palm, having a mouse that bottom of my palm could touch, but not the sides, felt weird.

That, and after finding out every button on G502 could either be reprogrammed or, more importantly, disabled completely, I was sold on it.

If you do like the ergonomics of that G303 mouse though, the sensor on G502 is pretty good, and I like the way all of logitech's mice can be programmed. The colorable LED on the mouse is icing on the cake... :p

I have no experience with other brands though, I am a historical logitech user (remember their first 3 button mouse? That was my first logitech mouse), and I have preference for brands that is well known in both gaming and non-gaming worlds.

Now if I can actually decide to change my Cherry Brown MX 3800 for G910...

Last edited:
I think ill drop the rival mouse doe to the rubber side..must also feel wierd to use...im still clueless...since i dont fance any logitech or razor mouse

I know you don't like Logitech, but perhaps G400s? That mouse is EoL'ed I think, but it should still be available in some places, and the software can let you change the mouse DPI setting to your desire.

ill try find a store were i can hold that mouse..one thing is seeing it but another is holding it

The roccat mouse comes in different forms the pure have 4000 dpi and the military has 5000 dpi and the colored mice have 8200 dpi and looks sexy ;)

I dont even go over 1000 dpi in games because thats to fast a mouse for me..normaly i play with 5-600 dpi setings..do does it matter for me to pay extra for the sex ?

Well it wouldn't hurt to take your time picking your favourite mouse, because, after all, it's part of the computer where you will most likely touch the most, so comfort is very important.

Since you are using such a low DPI though, I would look around on the net and check if Roccat has software that can set your DPI that low, or if the mouse in question can be set that low if there is no similar software available.

I personally have no experience with Roccat, but I am more of a Logitech guy (in case you hadn't noticed :p). Roccat doesn't seem too bad though.

Thats the main problem..roccat is usingf the same software for all mice..and it can only change from 200-400-600 and 8200 dpi with a loop on 200+ pr dpi switch.

so i will have a hard time getting 550 that is my favorite dpi setting but i must adapt to the +200 system sinve many mice sotfware uses that today

I'll double check for you when I get home and see how LGS works, but I am almost 100% certain that the smallest DPI increments LGS (logitech gaming software) accepts is 50 dpi.

I'll check if that 1. if it can go even lower, 2. if it works on G400s, I recently replaced my G400s with G502, and I only started to truly mess around with the setting on LGS after.

I got the steelserie sudden attack mouse atm and it had the option to change from 1 dpi to 5600 or something..but i can adjust the dpi with 1 pr click..best mouse ever but i need a new cuz this mouse wont last for ever..and i can see you have more than 1 mouse :D

Yeah, I tend to buy new mice before they wear out.

I have just checked G400s, the DPI settings can only let you set DPI in multiples of 50, with a minimum of 200, all the way up to 4000 (eg 200, 500, 2000). You can also set up to 5 different levels of DPI within that range. You can lock it at 1 DPI setting if you wished.

So if you only use your mouse at say 300, 400 and 550 DPI, you can set that and any DPI settings you change will cycle between those 3.

Ok thanks for the G serie help :)

I also like Logitech since i have the G910 keybord but now i found this roccat mouse Pure kone color and it looks great to hold on

I bought a 2012 Naga and a Chroma DeathAdder. I love the DeathAdder it is my new standard mouse. I gave my MX518 to my wife.

The 2012 Naga installed an older update to the Synapse software which basically bricked my Windows 8.1. I had to do a system restore to get back in.

Besides the 2012 Naga feels like crap in my hand I hate it. Threw in a drawer will probably post for sale soon.

I have the Zowie Ec2 eVo and really like it. It reminds me of the old Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1 and 3.0. It has an Avago optical sensor that has no acceleration whatsoever. You can adjust the DPI from 450/1150/2300 with one button.

G502 owners beware
The rubberized side texture holds great allurement
for the filthy-finger crust of humanity.
Infused with the scent of sour pickles
this unholy stench cannot be cleansed
save through the application of holy water (isopropanol)
Which causes minor damage to the texture.

The Deathadder Chroma or the Zowie EC1-A are both great. If you don't mind the shape, the Logitech G303 is probably the best mouse out right now the 3366 sensor.

Get the Roccat Pure Optical Military, it has a really nice sensor (same as the zowie FK1 i believe?) no hardware accel, really great for FPS gaming

I bought a 2012 Naga and a Chroma DeathAdder. I love the DeathAdder it is my new standard mouse. I gave my MX518 to my wife.

The 2012 Naga installed an older update to the Synapse software which basically bricked my Windows 8.1. I had to do a system restore to get back in.

Besides the 2012 Naga feels like crap in my hand I hate it. Threw in a drawer will probably post for sale soon.

Ive never heard of that before. I wonder what did it. Synapse has never given me a problem. I had it for a while and although I was annoyed that I had to sign up for an account in order to use the driver for my mice and keyboard I quickly got over it because other than wanting to update all the freaking time, it was pretty transparent.

When I reinstalled Win7 a few months ago when I got my first SSD (yeah I was late to the party) I never did reinstall Synapse. Im just using the Windows drivers for my BlackWidow and DeathAdder and theyre working fine. I never did that much tweaking on them anyway aside from disabling the caps lock button and making the bottom macro key a mute button. The Logitech software was different. I used that for my G502 a lot.

I also agree that the DeathAdder is a superb mouse. While the G502 is my new favorite because of the perfect sensor and the sniper button being perfectly placed for my fingers, I still go back to my DeathAdder because it is without a doubt the most comfortable mouse Ive ever used. This thing is like it was molded specifically for my hand.

I really like the G502, the button placement didn't even bother me like some of the complaints mentioned. The only drawback is that it's a bit on the heavy side. There's the G303 which is much lighter weight and sports the same sensor but has a completely different shape, one I'm not sure I would like.

Back