Whats the best card I can run in this mobo in SLI to push 3 monitors

• Thread starter Deleted member 108676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108676

I'm huge into iRacing, to the point our team won a 12 hour race, and I want to eventually build a sim rig, and normally they use three monitors.

Anyway. my wife and I just bought a house and remodeled, so computer toys aren't in the budget right now, but I'm wondering what the best card I can run in SLI that'll push 3 monitors for this board. It's been too long since I tried to piece together boards and cards, so I don't want to buy something only to find out it didn't work.

Thanks.

So for what I'm seeing iracing doesn't play well with sli...so are there any video cards that'll push 3 monitors at a decent FPS?

I have a feeling I just have to wait for a whole new rig. I was hoping to just upgrade my gpu :(

I don't know about iracing but depending on VRAM requirements you'll probably want a 980/980Ti or Titan X from Nvidia or a 390X from AMD.

Here are the required system specs
Code:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2 
or higher
    Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon X1800 or above graphics adapter recommended
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
    Additional Notes: Microphone optional, required for voice chat

Looks to me like would not really gain anything from a super high end card.
I would think an AMD 7970 Ghz edition or 280x would be way more than enough to drive 3 monitors for that game considering how low the requirements are.

If you really want to go high end, then get an AMD 290x or Nvidia 980.

I did see a post where one person was running an Nvidia 760 with 2GB for a triple monitor setup on that game.

If it were me, I would just buy a used 7970 or 280x off of Ebay.

Make sure your power supply is enough to power the card though.

What are the rest of your system specs?

iRacing isn't the only game I play, but its the only game that I WANT to drive three screens. I would have no issue with any other game being one monitor.

Plus, I can use this card in a future build, so I'd probably go big with it. Is it true that PCIx 3.0 cards will work in PCIx 2.0 slots?

iRacing isn't the only game I play, but its the only game that I WANT to drive three screens. I would have no issue with any other game being one monitor.

Plus, I can use this card in a future build, so I'd probably go big with it. Is it true that PCIx 3.0 cards will work in PCIx 2.0 slots?

Yep, it will work just fine.

Ehhh if I went to the expense of getting 3 screens I'd probably get used to them and playing other games on just one wouldn't cut it. Your system though...

If you're playing in 1080P, a single GTX 980 will work just fine. If you're trying to push 1440p, then a 980 MIGHT not work when there's lots of rendering happening on screen - that's when you'd consider a single Titan X.

Back