Logitech G303 or Deathadder Chroma

zod96

Suspected BAD TRADER
I like the reviews of the G303. One thing I do not like is the look of it. I think its a rather ugly mouse. I love the look of the deathadder chroma. I have narrowed my search down to these 2 mice. The G303 or the Deathadder Chroma. I have a G9 (Broken) now that I love the feel of. So I want a mouse that is similar to the G9 in feel...

How did yours break? Normal wear/tear or catastrophic destruction? I've got a bucket full of broken logitech stuff (mx1000, DiNovo Edge, MxRevolution, and a G930 Headset with some issues and a busted weakass earcup mount, etc.) that cost me a LOT of money over the years. Loved logitech's brand and look for a long time but ended up on a buddys hand me down razer death adder that looks like its been to hell and back but still works great. I'm sticking with razor or other from now on. just my 20 cents good luck!

I looked at the Rival. I hate that RIVAL logo thing looks really ugly to me.

Get a Rival

That is a nice mouse. I felt one up at Best Buy the other day and it is extremely comfortable. The DeathAdder is the most comfortable I've used. I use my G502 more tho because it's the most precise sensor I've ever used and I love the button placement.

OK I'm coming from the G9 here. I almost got the Logitech G303. But something about that mouse looks really ugly to me. I like a plain looking mouse on the outside but great features on the inside. Both are about $40-50. Coming from a G9 I would say I am a finger tip palm mouse guy. What mouse would best fit my needs, the Sensai or the Deathadder? Also people keep talking about Zowie. I have never heard of them But the mouse seen here looks nice. Are Zowie mice any good? They seem to be like $40 more than sensai or deathadder mice..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zowie-Gear-...981?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2edee0303d

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
OK I'm coming from the G9 here. I almost got the Logitech G303. But something about that mouse looks really ugly to me. I like a plain looking mouse on the outside but great features on the inside. Both are about $40-50. Coming from a G9 I would say I am a finger tip palm mouse guy. What mouse would best fit my needs, the Sensai or the Deathadder?

I came from a G9 as well and use mostly a fingertip style grip. I rest most of my hand on the mouse but I only use my fingers mainly to move the mouse around. I own both and theyre both about the same in terms of shape and such. The Sensei is a little shorter but theyre both similar in width. The Sensei has a slightly better sensor but the Deathadder has a better overall shape. The software for both is decent but I would give the edge to Razer's Synapse software although you have to create and account to get it to work for some idiotic reason. Its never been a problem and the software runs pretty transparent so its not a big deal to me.

If you have a Best Buy near you it would be worth the trip to run up there and see if they have any out for display that you can feel up. If not theyre still a good place to buy from as they have a painless exchange policy when you buy mice or at least they did last time I need to swap one out that I didnt like. Both are excellent and you cant really go wrong with either but Id lean to the Deathadder for its comfort at least to my hand.

I also wanted to get a G303 since I was not a fan of very many buttons on my mouse (even when playing MMORPG's I would prefer to use Shifts and alts to substitute for mouse buttons).

Went to a store where they had multiple mouses on display, including I believe DeathAdder Chroma, and I am glad I did, G302 (which uses the same chassis as G303) has that angular bend on the side between the palm half and the fingertip half, which felt weird (not uncomfortable, just weird, as I had always used mouse that had smooth contours).

I went with G502 instead, because the DeathAdder didn't have thumb rest, nor an easy DPI switching method from what I can see, and the DPI button on the thumb area of G502 can be reprogrammed or disabled to prevent accidental DPI profile switching. It also felt more comfortable for my hands.

I also don't know Razer as a company, and it's green color scheme doesn't fit the fan lighting color scheme very well :p

i personally think they are both great choices. I have the g303 and it is great, i prefer it because of the smaller profile. It looks weird in pictures i guess but only took a couple hours to get used to the shape. both have great sensors.

I would recommend not getting a steelseries sensei, i have a couple and the new firmware i get negative acceleration. my Rival also died within a year, it does have a good sensor though.

I just bought a DeathAdder Chroma. I love it. The feel of it is so nice, no weird sharp edges or jet plane design - looks like a mouse and feels like a mouse.

Back