upcoming phones with internal storage?

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
Currently I have a samsung s4, upgraded from an s2. Reading that the s6 won't support expandable memory has really turned me off, not to mention that it only supports usb2.0. What happened to usb3.0 or going for 3.1. I was looking at other phones and I'm noticing that many high end phones no longer support microSD cards. Ideally I would like to buy a new phone when I go to China in September that supports microSD (up to 128gb) and ideally usb3.1 (or usb3.0 if it 3.1 is still unavailable). I must be able to hold it in one hand (5'ish) and it should have a better camera than my s4.

is usb3.0/3.1 and a microSD slot too much to ask for?

For SD card expandability, your current choices are: One M8, upcoming One M9, LG G3, LG G Flex 2, Xperia Z3, and the mid to low range Moto E LTE, not sure if the Moto G supports it or not.

No phones use USB 3.0, Samsung only used it in the Note 3 and GS5, then dropped it, probably due to the connector being too big/bulky and it not really giving much benefit to most people.

The new GS6 will be available up to 128GBs though, I'd hope that would be enough for you, it's just going to cost $200 more than the base 32GB GS6.

There is a significant supply limitation in USB 3.1 Type-C; basically, Foxconn could not manufacturer enough of them. Industry experts say that maybe we'll see it in all flagships next Spring. Best case scenario is this holiday season.

That is a pity about the usb 3.1, I was not aware of the supply issue.
I would like the usb3.0 for faster charging and file transfer. I read that the s6 achieves faster charging though wireless charging?
I will look into the M9. I haveing a secondary storage for when I do factory resets, flashing and backups. Also, I don't want to pay an extra $200 when I can buy a 128gb microSD card for $100 and add it to a 32gb phone. What is much more likely is a 32gb phone + 64gb microSD card for $30ish.

Also, I don't want to pay an extra $200 when I can buy a 128gb microSD card for $100 and add it to a 32gb phone. What is much more likely is a 32gb phone + 64gb microSD card for $30ish.

I have the same issue...on a Galaxy S4 and I use a 128Gb card for music and movies. I find it stupid to pay $200 for storage I bought for less than $100. I'd like a new phone with a removable battery also. :(

I have the same issue...on a Galaxy S4 and I use a 128Gb card for music and movies. I find it stupid to pay $200 for storage I bought for less than $100. I'd like a new phone with a removable battery also. :(

yea i wish it was $100 extra for 128gb from 32gb on gs6
it's still more money but speed of new UFS 2.0 makes up for it at that price point

yea i wish it was $100 extra for 128gb from 32gb on gs6
it's still more money but speed of new UFS 2.0 makes up for it at that price point

Meh ...most of us that want the removable storage are wanting it for media purposes such as music and movies...speed was never an issue for us.

Same reason most of us still have SSDs and mechanical hard drives in our computers.

I was considering a Note 4 but apparently that's been locked down to hell on AT&T and I don't feel like paying 800 for an unlocked one. : /

I honestly don't care about the removable battery. I had an extra battery for my s2 but I never bothered swapping batteries. no microSD support is a deal breaker. If usb3.1 is coming in a few months I will wait for it. I wish phone makers were more creative. I remember an interesting design from htc with a unibody design with a flap on the bottom to change SIM, microSD and battery (HTC Legend I think)

Image7.jpg

I honestly don't care about the removable battery. I had an extra battery for my s2 but I never bothered swapping batteries. no microSD support is a deal breaker. If usb3.1 is coming in a few months I will wait for it. I wish phone makers were more creative. I remember an interesting design from htc with a unibody design with a flap on the bottom to change SIM, microSD and battery (HTC Legend I think)

some phones have a combo slot that holds microSD and SIM as well

http://www.molex.com/molex/products...ODUCTS&chanName=family&pageTitle=Introduction

Back