Canadian DRAM Class Action Lawsuit

Heh, *only* took 13 years to settle...

Thanks for posting.

The quick claim will only get you $20.

If you are eligible to get more than $20, you have to submit proof. Who is going to have receipts for computer parts from that long ago?

I should be able to get about $50 according to the worksheet, but I don't have proof from that long ago.

And you had to either live in Canada at the time or have purchased it in Canada if you lived in the US.

Yah, I bought tons of shit back during those years but of course no receipts. I just ended up submitted a claim for myself and my wife. $40.

Yeah, I have a whole lot, but keeping receipts for 13+ years is a bit much. Hence the $20 option I would guess.

Timeframe is ridiculous, lawyers made a mint, corporation gets a slap on the wrist, consumer can buy a lunch for 1.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a whole lot, but keeping receipts for 13+ years is a bit much. Hence the $20 option I would guess.

Timeframe is ridiculous, lawyers made a mint, corporation gets a slap on the wrist, consumer can buy a lunch for 1.

Isn't that always the way? I got $5 or $10 from Microsoft once. Seemed silly since the software cost several hundred...

The requirements for documentary proof of purchase are quite flexible and can include: a pdf of receipts, credit card statements, warranty documents, photos and more.

Start buying a boat load of DRAM chips off ebay and taking pics!

Well, this finally came through. Apparently 880,000 households participated in this class action suit.

I get to buy myself a lunch!

Back