Text and Call through iPhone From Windows 8.1

It would be really nice to make and receive phone calls, and send and receive texts through the Windows 8.1 desktop instead of fumbling with the tiny phone keyboard when I'm sitting at my desk. This feature is now in OSX apparently, are Windows users left out in the cold?

I found a few apps, like MyPhoneDesktop (website is not responding) and "Happy Fingers". Apparently with Happy Fingers you still have to press send on the phone after typing a message on the desktop.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

I use pushbullet, it doesnt do calls but I dont realy have a need to make calls through my pc when my phone is right there. It does text and lets me push files,webpages.notes etc to other devices. Dont know if there is an iOS app or not

So I just downloaded the Verizon Message+ app for Windows, pretty much half of what I was looking for. Would be nice to make and receive phone calls using it too but I guess you can't have everything :)

So apparently with Verizon Message+, you will miss an iMessage that comes in. So if you want all texts to come through on the desktop, you need to disable iMessage; this is not something I would like to do.

Has anybody heard anything about Apple supporting this functionality in Windows?

Has anybody heard anything about Apple supporting this functionality in Windows?

No, and I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. It's a selling point for Apple's ecosystem. If this is a feature you'd like to have, why not consider a Mac?

The only way to do what you want is to insert a service like Google Voice into the loop that gets your call before it arrives at the phone. You can use it to get your voice calls on any device that supports Hangouts. If you jailbreak your iPhone, you can forward your iMessages onto another device through Growl or other protocols, but without jailbreaking, iMessages are exclusively confined to Apple products.

No, and I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. It's a selling point for Apple's ecosystem. If this is a feature you'd like to have, why not consider a Mac?

The only way to do what you want is to insert a service like Google Voice into the loop that gets your call before it arrives at the phone. You can use it to get your voice calls on any device that supports Hangouts. If you jailbreak your iPhone, you can forward your iMessages onto another device through Growl or other protocols, but without jailbreaking, iMessages are exclusively confined to Apple products.

That's what I figured, and was afraid to hear :(

Not going to jump through that many hoops lol. I would consider a Mac but I already have 3 PCs. I would be willing to sell them but it is hard to find a buyer for a decent price without shipping them, plus I refuse to use ebay anymore.

Thanks for the input.

It's a shame too. Iphone and Mac integrate extremely well. I love that they added continuity to new Mac OS.

Last edited:
If you jailbreak there is an app that's called remotemessages. Works with a browser. Only does texts. But it supports iMessage. I use it on a daily basis.

Back