Dell outlet?

EclipseRydr

Limp Gawd
Not sure if this is the right section, but has anyone ever purchased from Dell Outlet? I guess they have a few sections, certified refurbished, scratch and dent, and customer return.

When you buy, do you get to select which category? What is your experience with these purchases?

Reason I'm asking is that slickdeals has about 25%-30% off dell outlet computers including laptops and desktops and XPS lines.

Love the outlet.

Great place to pick up stuff.

Last 3 machines I bought through there were all "Scratch & Dent" machines that were immaculate when I received them.

I once got a 1.5GHz Celeron-based 4GB RAM, IGP,500GB "basic" machine for a cousin's birthday for $128, lol.

Occasionally, they ship a computer with Windows (as promised), but the Windows image is customized for a specific customer and requires a specific password to use, which they do not provide.

Occasionally, they ship a computer with Windows (as promised), but the Windows image is customized for a specific customer and requires a specific password to use, which they do not provide.

That is strange. I am guessing those imaged like that are company specific images that the company who originally ordered the machine sent them.

Their regular images are just standard installs with no password required.

I use them all the time, their service through the business channel is TOP NOTCH...

Watch out for the 20% coupons that gets put out every so often. You can save a ton, and get some nice products. Like others have said the service is great.

Dell Outlet is great. IME if you pick a "Certified Refurbished" product the only way to tell it is refurbished is a refurbished sticker and it comes in a generic brown box.

My current laptop is from Dell outlet and in 3 years the only issue I've had is a dead hard drive - Dell shipped out a replacement in 24 hours.

As already stated, get it from Dell business, not home.

If Dell did ship you a laptop with Windows needing a password, I'm sure if you called them they'd sort it out.

Watch out for the 20% coupons that gets put out every so often. You can save a ton, and get some nice products. Like others have said the service is great.

yeah that's why I was asking. I saw a 25%-30% off systems including the XPS 8700 and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them.

the slickdeals site says it's from the 'scratch and dent' i was just afraid it might have this huge dent on it that makes it looks weird or wobbly on the ground or if it may have an affect on performance

I have no experience with their "scratch and dent," but I did pick up a refurbished M11x from the outlet several years ago. Just like obug mentioned, excellent condition and came in generic box, but it included all accessories (i.e. disks, power cords, manuals ,etc.). I never had a single issue with it thereafter and ended up selling it to upgrade.

I'd recommend Dell and Lenovo outlets.

I got a refurb monitor, it was basically brand new, but refurb monitors from dell is a crap shoot if you will get cables with it or not.

I would say, the only caveat with some products in either outlet is the warranty. For example, monitors from the Dell Outlet only come with a 90 day wty, whereas a brand new monitor typically comes with 3 yrs.

I've ordered many scratch and dents before and received flawless items. However I did order a Latitude 3540 that had a very miniscule dent in it. I just made up another reason aside from the dent to get an exchange and received a flawless "scratch and dent" in its place.

I have personal experience with Dell and Apple outlet purchases and both were good experiences.

Bought a U3011 from the outlet a couple years back. Thing looked brand new when it arrived.

Got my M11x R2 through the Dell Outlet back in 2011. Been a great laptop and still use it. I've got my bro a couple laptops through there as well. Pretty much seems like the same shit you buy new through the normal sight and you still get the same warranty.

Back