Can anyone help me identify these Dell computers from the picture?

I need to get an idea of what these Dell's are model wise. Also any other info like time frame of manufacturing would be great as well!

dells.jpg

I'm thinking Optiplex 760's or somewhere in those parts.
Even positioning of the OEM sticker and the latch next to it match to that model.

EDIT: that pallet is a mix of 2 size models though.
But fairly certain that its Optiplex 760 series or a slightly older model.
With the 2nd and 3de smallest models.

Should be 2008-2010 range in age.

Specs should be around Core2Duo @ 2.6-3Ghz, 2-4GB ram and 160-250-320GB SATA1/2 disks.

If you spotted them on their way of being rotated out, then its most likely their 3 year waranty is up.

EDIT2: reading around I saw there's versions of that model with Core2Quad CPU's too.

So for hardware specs, anything from Core2Duo/Core2Quad era, most likely limited to 4 or 8 GB ram and disks the range I specified before.

EDIT3: If I'm not mistaken, these models have a PCI Express x16 slot, so could make for a nice lil gaming desktop. Or at the very least a nice compact media center/XBMC box (if you take the smallest model on the pallet) (aka the one up top on the bottom right)

Last edited:
If they are dell's, can't you check one of the serial#'s against the website? I used to do that when we rotated out Dells.

Thanks for the replies!!
I don't think I can find out any info from them. I was forwarded the pic..

if you could get their service tags, you can find out the original config for each pc. but Enlightened posted exactly what I was going to say: Optiplex, Core2, mix of desktop (mATX) and standard towers. The P4 optiplex models were the 200 series, IIRC. The Pentium D models were the 600 series, and the Core2 models started in the 700 series. The deep black colored plastic on those systems suggests they are newer Core2 models, since the older P4/PD models had a slightly lighter, more grey, shade.

I'm wondering if these machines would work well for a Linux router/PBX server together. Neither use a lot of CPU power and I would think that these have enough CPU power to handle this.

What do you guys think?

I would think these things are overkill for something like that. They look a lot like the optiplex 755-785s that we have where I work at.

Just pull the service tags and type one of them in to dell to see what's in them.

I would think these things are overkill for something like that. They look a lot like the optiplex 755-785s that we have where I work at.

Just pull the service tags and type one of them in to dell to see what's in them.

OptiPlex 745 through 780's have the same exact case design and color.
Case design changed with the 790's.
So that picture is 745, 755, 760, or 780. Might even be another model or two between those.

The guy who sent you the picture, should just take a picture of the label>Dell website>winning!:D

Would make excellent targets for the Barrett 50 cal.;)

Back