EA Access - Xbox One Exclusive - Early Games - Discounts - Free Games*

elzeus

[H]ard|Gawd
Source

"Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*
Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!"

Going to sub for one month probably in September and pickup Fifa/NHL/Madden with the 10% discount.

Last edited:
So its still in beta and they want you to pay for it?

Concept is good if you could play the newest sports games for 29.99 anually. Otherwise I'm not sure why I would want to play last years sports games instead..

If you buy 5 EA games a year, this service is essentially free. 6 or more games and you're netting a savings plus "free" access to the service.

At first this reads as you pay a subscription to play unlimited games they have on the service. But after further reading it sounds like "pay us for demo's" as it says "trials" and only during beta do you get full access to games.

Remember a month or two back when the UFC fighting game on Xbox Live had a price for the demo? I'm sure this is related.

Last edited:
Yea, this service is a waste of money. Please don't pay into this crap and force the industry to become even worse than its already become.

Edit post

Just read thru it this isn't to bad good thread on GAF about it.

EA announces Subscription Service for Xbox One ($5/month or $30/year, get game vault) #1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...15330f4400000c

Today, EA revealed EA Access, an Xbox One-exclusive subscription service that grants players access to EA's so-called Vault.

Subscribing to EA Access will cost $4.99 a month (or $30 a year), and since the program is technically in beta, only four games will initially be available: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4, "with more titles being added soon."

Developing...

Edit: EA explanation

Here is EA explaining it. You guys were right about new games. My bad

Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*

Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.
http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-...ss-on-xbox-one

Edit 2: Here is the FAQ

What is EA Access?

EA Access is a new program for Xbox One gamers that lets you play the best of EA for as low as $4.99 a month. Members can binge on an assortment of awesome games in The Vault, a handpicked selection of great Xbox One games from EA. EA Access members also have the opportunity to try new games five days before the release date, and enjoy 10% discounts on EA digital download purchases, including full games, downloadable content and in-game currency. Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply.

How do I join EA Access?

EA Access membership is available to Xbox One gamers through Xbox Live. You will soon be able to sign up through the EA Access Hub app after downloading it to your console.

Where else can I purchase an EA Access membership?

Coming soon, GameStop fans will be able to purchase an EA Access membership at their local GameStop retail store. In the UK, gamers will also be able to purchase their membership through GAME stores.

How much does EA Access cost?

Membership in EA Access has been priced affordably at $4.99 per month, but you can save even more: $29.99 for a full year.

When does EA Access go live?

You’ll be able to become an EA Access member this summer. We’ll announce the launch day soon. Stay tuned!

What is The Vault?

The Vault is an evolving selection of EA's Xbox One games that EA Access members can download and play while an active member. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4, with more titles being added soon.

What will the pre-release trials include? Will my progress carry over?

Each game is different, so each game’s trial will be, too. In some titles you’ll be able to play one of the game's modes for a limited time, while other times you can jump right into the full game. And since you’ll always be playing the real game, any progress you make will carry over so you can pick up where you left off on launch day.

Who can become an EA Access member?

EA Access is available to all Xbox One owners in supported territories.

Will EA Access be available in my country?

At launch, EA Access will be available in Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom, and the United States with additional territories to follow.
http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/faq.html

Last edited:
Just found out in Xbox beta forum all the Xbox beta testers get in this.

First off, thanks for previewing Xbox One updates. You're an important part of Xbox One, and we value your feedback. So much so that we want your thoughts on something new.

We're writing to let you know about EA Access, announced today by EA. EA Access is a subscription product created by the teams at Microsoft and EA, and it's exclusive to Xbox One!

EA Access members receive the following benefits:
◾Access to The Vault, a collection of EA’s best games ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4, with more to be added soon.
◾Play upcoming EA titles five days before the release date through exclusive trials.
◾Enjoy discounts on EA titles and DLC.

As a member of the Xbox One Preview Program, you are getting a first look at EA Access. You'll receive an Xbox Live message on your console with a code to download the EA Access Hub app, and there'll be some Quests and surveys available in the Xbox Preview Dashboard app. Please complete these so we know what you think!

(Note: While you can download and browse the EA Access Hub app for free, you'll need to purchase a EA Access subscription to enjoy all the benefits.)

Enjoy and let us know what you think!

Just found out in Xbox beta forum all the Xbox beta testers get in this.

First off, thanks for previewing Xbox One updates. You're an important part of Xbox One, and we value your feedback. So much so that we want your thoughts on something new.

We're writing to let you know about EA Access, announced today by EA. EA Access is a subscription product created by the teams at Microsoft and EA, and it's exclusive to Xbox One!

EA Access members receive the following benefits:
◾Access to The Vault, a collection of EA’s best games ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4, with more to be added soon.
◾Play upcoming EA titles five days before the release date through exclusive trials.
◾Enjoy discounts on EA titles and DLC.

As a member of the Xbox One Preview Program, you are getting a first look at EA Access. You'll receive an Xbox Live message on your console with a code to download the EA Access Hub app, and there'll be some Quests and surveys available in the Xbox Preview Dashboard app. Please complete these so we know what you think!

(Note: While you can download and browse the EA Access Hub app for free, you'll need to purchase a EA Access subscription to enjoy all the benefits.)

Enjoy and let us know what you think!

If you check it out I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

If you check it out I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Just got my code signed up and am downloading madden 25 and FIFA 14 its 4.99 a month or 29.99 for the year you get to play any games in the vault and discount on new games and early access on new games and demos before others. Other choices are battlefield 4 and peggle 2 right now. I own those already

Pretty much like Netflix with discounts though.

I was going to get Madden 15, NHL 15 and Fifa 15 when they come out but now I just will wait until September then buy one month of EAA and buy them all at once to save $13. I'm not sure I want to wait though $13 isn't that big of a savings to wait a few months.

Just got my code signed up and am downloading madden 25 and FIFA 14 its 4.99 a month or 29.99 for the year you get to play any games in the vault and discount on new games and early access on new games and demos before others. Other choices are battlefield 4 and peggle 2 right now. I own those already

Pretty much like Netflix with discounts though.

You're already downloading those? I redeemed my code but EA Access isn't showing up anywhere.

You're already downloading those? I redeemed my code but EA Access isn't showing up anywhere.

Once you redeem the code on the system it downloads and is in your apps. Open app pick your plan either 4.99 a month or 29.99 a year I chose the later and then went into vault and chose games hit download it actually lets me start bf4 without the disk in to since its in the vault and it sees my installed disk version.

Once you redeem the code on the system it downloads and is in your apps. Open app pick your plan either 4.99 a month or 29.99 a year I chose the later and then went into vault and chose games hit download it actually lets me start bf4 without the disk in to since its in the vault and it sees my installed disk version.

I found it. I redeemed on the website. In Apps I had to scroll all the way to the right to a "Ready to install" column.

Looks like you don't have to redownload games you already have. I took my FIFA disc out and went through the EA Access setup and FIFA just works. Can trade that in tomorrow and make back what I paid for the year access.

Looks like you don't have to redownload games you already have. I took my FIFA disc out and went through the EA Access setup and FIFA just works. Can trade that in tomorrow and make back what I paid for the year access.

I had the same thought about bf4 :) why not right

Its an interesting strategy but it also means that EA needs to actually provide games worth the fee. If more BF4 is all they are offering plus recycled sports games than I'll pass.

I might sign up for a month or two until it drops out of beta. 5$ a month to play a few days early and 10% off retail doesn't make since to me.

EAA not coming to the PS4 confirms Sony spokesperson.

It was hilarious reading neogaf watching all the people waiting to see if it was coming to the PS4 before they started hating on it. What a bunch of hypocrites.

2363074-good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you.jpg

GAF what a joke what they aren't happy with PlayStation now lag fest streaming. I beta tested it it sucked.

I personally am disappointed this isn't coming to PS4. Wish it were.

I might sign up for a month or two until it drops out of beta. 5$ a month to play a few days early and 10% off retail doesn't make since to me.

The month to month price is too high. Sign up for a year or not at all.

There isn't enough info on this yet.
The games are in the vault and you download them, once you download them do you keep them as long as your sub is good? Or do they swap games in the vault and you lose the ones you already downloaded?

Thats the only thing bothering me. If I know I'll at least have the games for the duration of my sub I'll sign up now

There isn't enough info on this yet.
The games are in the vault and you download them, once you download them do you keep them as long as your sub is good? Or do they swap games in the vault and you lose the ones you already downloaded?

Thats the only thing bothering me. If I know I'll at least have the games for the duration of my sub I'll sign up now

Yes, this would be good if you keep those games as well after they leave the vault (Kind of like PS Plus).

I think this is more of an attempt to kill the used game market. If they get people locked into digital purchases (to save that 10%), then EA makes more money on the initial sale AND it gets more used games off the market.

Online passes didn't work for EA, this is another approach.

I think this is more of an attempt to kill the used game market. If they get people locked into digital purchases (to save that 10%), then EA makes more money on the initial sale AND it gets more used games off the market.

Online passes didn't work for EA, this is another approach.

If EA, or any publisher, actually gave two shits about killing the used market they wouldn't be so damn eager to suck Gamestop's dick and give them pre-order bonuses and special launch events for every bloody game.

The rage is real
I like the direction this could go, but not with EA leading the way

For $30 a year its a great deal. The current games available isn't enough for me jump on it yet.

For $30 a year its a great deal. The current games available isn't enough for me jump on it yet.

Better than $14.99 game fee rental for 24 hour access for a PSN Now game. Or $4 for 4 hours which is also being offered.

Playstation's game rental service is an overpriced joke. The insane cost will absolutely cripple it unless Sony comes down from their "cloud" and realizes that.

I think EA Access could be a hit if they handle it correctly. But more than likely EA will just be greedy and ruin it.

Better than $14.99 game fee rental for 24 hour access for a PSN Now game. Or $4 for 4 hours which is also being offered.

Playstation's game rental service is an overpriced joke. The insane cost will absolutely cripple it unless Sony comes down from their "cloud" and realizes that.

I think EA Access could be a hit if they handle it correctly. But more than likely EA will just be greedy and ruin it.

Sony wants $15 per DAY to rent a game!?

I really wish Sony implemented a subscription plan for PS Now. Their single day/hourly rental prices are absurd. I'd pay $15/month to be able to rent up to 3 games a month and keep any single game for up to two weeks. I think prices will drop over time, they're just trying to recoup the money spent on purchasing Gaikai and all the R&D as soon as possible. Thus, early adopters will be the ones paying for it.

The EA Access on the Xbox One has a lot of potential at $30/year ($5/month isn't worth it IMO). I'm interested to see where EA goes with this.

But but the PS4 and Sony are awesome they are consoles saviors...

I hate my ps4 and the services Sony offers. Hope they keep eating crow.

Yeah that rate is absolutely disgusting. People are more likely to find an emulator and pirate it instead of pay that shit.

PS Now is going to fail if the prices during the beta are indicative of the prices for the real launch. It basically costs as much as playing one of those N64 consoles in a hotel.

PS Now is going to fail if the prices during the beta are indicative of the prices for the real launch. It basically costs as much as playing one of those N64 consoles in a hotel.

It sucks I beta tested when it was free these prices are a joke if you really want to play these games it would cost as much or less to just buy the console and games.

This needs to be a subscription like what ea is doing or Netflix they could even charge 100 a year and it would be better.

To add too if your sensitive to lag you will hate it.

Last edited:
Sony wants $15 per DAY to rent a game!?

Yes that is accurate it (for some games such as newer ones). As incredibly sad as it sounds. Sony is trying to bank of the casual playing audience since PS Now will be usable on many other product ranges with only a PS3 controller required to do so.

But its disgusting none the less.

Back