Eyefinity Questons

Nexrus

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions about Eyefnity. I am currently using Nvidia but will switch to ATI in a heartbeat if I can accomplish what I want to do. Basically, I want to play an MMO (Wildstar) across 2 monitors. Nvidia's Surround does not allow me to do this. So, that leads me to my first question...

Can you run only 2 monitors with Eyefinity? From what I can tell by searching Google, the answer is yes.

Here is the catch; I would like for the 2nd monitor to only extend my peripheral vision. I don't want the bezel going straight down the middle of the game. Below is a picture of what I am going for. You will notice that instead of splitting the game down the middle it has only extended the peripheral vision. It would basically look like 3 monitors minus the left or right monitor.

So this leads me to my 2nd questions. Assuming I can run a game on only 2 monitors, is there a way to make it extend just the peripheral area?

All help is much appreciated.

slnvrp.jpg

Yes you can, but your avatar will be split in the moddle

Why would you even want to do this? The only reason I can think of is if you are blind in the right eye.

Just go for three so you have the same view on both sides, it will be a million times better. Literally a million times better. It will be split right down the middle anyways.

Why would you even want to do this? The only reason I can think of is if you are blind in the right eye.

Just go for three so you have the same view on both sides, it will be a million times better. Literally a million times better. It will be split right down the middle anyways.

Definitely not blind in either eye...

I want to do it because I have an in-game addon that will essentially black-out the side screen which would allow me to drag my UI elements to a blank canvas, thus freeing up my playing area. See the screenshot at the bottom for an example.

Also, I have played on a 3-monitor setup and I actually find the constant peripheral movement to be distracting.

Hope that clears it up.

vfdo2u.png

This isn't achievable with the second monitor in extended mode?

By extended mode I assume you mean "extend these displays" in the windows default display settings? It is not possible this way. You can't drag the UI elements outside the game area or onto the desktop.

If you mean something else, then I am not sure.

Does the game have a windowed mode rather than full screen mode all the time that could let you use extend these displays?

Does the game have a windowed mode rather than full screen mode all the time that could let you use extend these displays?

It does have have a windowed mode and you can maximize it to go across all the screens. The problem, however, is that it stretches the game instead of actually increasing the view area, thus distorting it severely.

the only answer is "no"

Why even post if you have nothing productive to add?

I actually solved the issue by simply plugging in an AVI cable to the extra port on my monitor. By doing this, Surround was able to work because, in theory, I have 3 monitors. In reality, the card is outputting to 3 different signals, 2 of which are going to the same monitor (AVI and DVI) The only drawback to this method is that my card will still be rendering the graphics across 3 displays, which will eat up some resources. Not a huge deal, and defiantly worth it to accomplish what I wanted.

Many thanks to the folks that offered advice and suggestions.

Back