PC not staying in sleep Mode

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Not sure what happened but my PC will not stay in sleep mode. I ran command prompt powercfg –lastwake & powercfg –devicequery wake_armed both say its USB root hub or the USB digital media pro keyboard...However I went to device manager & do not have a check by allow this device to wake PC.. How is the PC all the sudden being awoken by mouse/keyboard when Ive been putting it to sleep for 4 years without it coming back on?

Mouse twitch? Try unplugging a USB device one at a time starting with mouse to see who's the culprit and lower the sleep timer.

There is no sleep timer set. I press the sleep button on my key board to put the pc to sleep

Have you upgraded your motherboard bios recently? Anyway, just check your bios for the "Legacy USB Mouse/Keyboard" option and enable it. This will emulate the keyboard and mouse as PS/2 port and you might avoid these wakeups.

Yes I did about 4 weeks ago & the PC stayed asleep fine up until now... The only thing I did recently was install windows update files...I checked BIOS but I did not see a Legacy USB mouse/keyboard option..I did see something that said legacy & its enabled. Im not sure why its randomly waking up all the sudden when it never did this before..Whenever I run command prompt it states the keyboard/mouse is what is waking the PC up, but why all the sudden ?

No they are both wired via usb. Its a huge list not sure how to fit it on here, mostly security updates.

Mine has started something similar. Aside from the occasional 'will not resume from sleep', it has now started, sometimes, immediately restarting itself after going to sleep. Most annoying, and didn't do this prior to a couple of weeks back.

try this command from an administrator command prompt: powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER srvnet System

therat that didnt do anything unless you spelled it wrong..
Violator: have you figured out how to fix it?
Does anyone know how to turn off log on? Whenever I get back from sleep mode I have to re log into windows & I want to make to where once I resume from sleep mode it goes right to windows & not a log on screen?

Whenever I get back from sleep mode I have to re log into windows & I want to make to where once I resume from sleep mode it goes right to windows & not a log on screen?

for Windows 7 it's Control Panel - Power Options - Require password on wakeup.

therat that didnt do anything unless you spelled it wrong..
Violator: have you figured out how to fix it?
Does anyone know how to turn off log on? Whenever I get back from sleep mode I have to re log into windows & I want to make to where once I resume from sleep mode it goes right to windows & not a log on screen?

I started going through every device in Device Manager to see if anything had been given 'allow to wake this pc' rights. Noticed my LAN had been allowed this (must have changed back to default after the last update), so have unticked this.

Now, so far, it hasn't immediately restarted after sleep, but there again, it doesn't always actually go to sleep now either :rolleyes:

I unticked lan and mouse but it still did it..So im not sure why it all the sudden started doing this out the blue after 4 years of it sleeping non stop..

Mine has started something similar. Aside from the occasional 'will not resume from sleep', it has now started, sometimes, immediately restarting itself after going to sleep. Most annoying, and didn't do this prior to a couple of weeks back.
Same here. It will just pop right out of sleep. I have already tried everything listed here but it made no difference as it will still occasionally happen.

bigdogchris: what area of windows can you disable wake timers? I do not see this setting but I do not believe this is the issue...

misterbobby : This worked for me. I Disabled both keyboard/mouse & lan in device manager. So now the PC stays asleep. But instead of using the mouse/keyboard to wake the PC, I simply press the power button on the PC & it wakes up the computer!

Is it possible to wake your PC from sleep & it go directly to desktop? For my PC I still need to click on PC user name then it goes into desktop...

Last edited:
Back