Slow internet speeds on wifi with iPad

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a non lightning retina iPad and it is slow on the internet. Things take so so long to load. Doesn't matter what site it is. It's slow all around with the internet. Painfully. It's completely updated in IOS and apps. No jailbreak.

I have a current generation apple extreme router that is updated and close by.

I also have a MBP i7 updated (apple whore) and it is blazing fast in all locations the iPad is slow. It's so fast in comparison

More whoring. I also have an iPhone 5s and on wifi it's way faster than the iPad. It's even faster with lte!

I've narrowed it down to the iPad. Before I nuke it, any suggestions?

Interesting. I have an iPad (4th gen, retina) that has this problem with Comcast Xfinity router/modem combos for some reason. On my home network (Motorola modem + Netgear router), it gets full speed, yet on my friends wifi network (Comcast), I have to be within 10-15 feet of the router to get full speed, elsewhere, especially mid to further ends of the range, it drops exponentially to maybe 1mbps oddly, whereas I get full speed at pretty much any range on my home network.

Very frustrating. I know I've tried forgetting/re-adding the network, not sure if I've done a full network reset though.

Very frustrating. I know I've tried forgetting/re-adding the network, not sure if I've done a full network reset though.

settings -> general -> reset -> reset network settings

Same thing happens to me after a few months. not sure why it is, but a reset usually fixes it or a hard reboot on the device works as well.

Back